Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    If you could share a pic, that would be awesome. I bought 1\8" thick 1" angle along with 1" square yesterday. Hoping to get started this evening. Where else did you use C Chanel?

Quote Originally Posted by SC Bass Fanatic View Post
    If you could share a pic, that would be awesome. I bought 1\8" thick 1" angle along with 1" square yesterday. Hoping to get started this evening. Where else did you use C Chanel?
    Just on the top of framing for the dividers walls and in between locker door opening.

You can see the c-Chanel on top the dividing wall is on the back part of the channel. So that gave me the 6” of more space. The old layout had the wall flush with the opening. The three rod tubes on the top are gone. Using socks I can stack a lot more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Here is a pic of the two storage lockers on each side of the rod locker. They are deep and 3700 will fit long ways across the bottom, stacked on there sides with one long way on the end. Double stacks makes for to much tackle lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    Glenn, where did you get your carpet from? Also how would I find out how much I would need for a 185?
    2005 PT 185 Special Edition
    60hp Tracker Marine
    80# Minn Kota Terrova
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv
    Garmin Echomap Plus 73cv

Quote Originally Posted by BDPIL View Post
    Glenn, where did you get your carpet from? Also how would I find out how much I would need for a 185?
    BassBoatSeats.com
    They sell it in 6’ and 8’ wide rolls. Minimal length of 10’ long.
    I got the 8’ by 30’ roll of 20oz. And I have a 6’x5’ piece left. It eats up a lot when you run the grain all one way. And I didn’t do but one locker door. If you don’t care about the grain. You would be fine with the same size. But if not you would need 5’ more.

Mine is the midnight star color

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Member
    I can see the C Channel along the sides of the box. Is there C Channel across the back as well? What are the dimensions of your rod locker?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Just on the top of framing for the dividers walls and in between locker door opening.

You can see the c-Chanel on top the dividing wall is on the back part of the channel. So that gave me the 6” of more space. The old layout had the wall flush with the opening. The three rod tubes on the top are gone. Using socks I can stack a lot more.
    Perhaps a more suitable question would be will the angle i am using be strong enough to support what i am doing? did you add the C Channel for strength or another purpose? Preliminary measurements put my rod locker hatch door to be some where around 15" wide and about 4' feet. The front of the locker will open with the lid so i dont have to bend and wedge the rods in and out. Makes things a little more difficult on the construction side, but i should help with damaging rods The box will be 15" wide x 12.5" tall x 4'. There will be about a 3" wide section on each side of the rods for more storage for possibly some boxes or small items.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post

Perhaps a more suitable question would be will the angle i am using be strong enough to support what i am doing? did you add the C Channel for strength or another purpose? Preliminary measurements put my rod locker hatch door to be some where around 15" wide and about 4' feet. The front of the locker will open with the lid so i dont have to bend and wedge the rods in and out. Makes things a little more difficult on the construction side, but i should help with damaging rods The box will be 15" wide x 12.5" tall x 4'. There will be about a 3" wide section on each side of the rods for more storage for possibly some boxes or small items.

No sir, there is 1/8” -1 1/2” angle on top of the bulkhead. To strengthen where I cut more out of the rod ramp hole.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

10. Member
    Gatorglenn, quick question, in front of the console there is an aluminum panel covered in carpet on the starboard side. It is just below the top of the deck to the floor and, from what i can tell, it extends from the bulkhead to the seat pan. The same panel is on the port side as well. I need to cut a portion of the panel out, but am concerned about what is behind it. There is about 3" between the panel and the hull, from my estimation. I would also like to remove a large area of this panel form the port side which is the inner wall of the original rod locker to allow me to fit more tackle storage boxes. I know you had yours down to the skeleton and thought you may recall what was in that area and if i should be concerned about cutting it as it sits. To remove the panel, i would have to remove the console on the starboard and the entire rod box on the port. All i need removed is the portions mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Bass Fanatic View Post
    Gatorglenn, quick question, in front of the console there is an aluminum panel covered in carpet on the starboard side. It is just below the top of the deck to the floor and, from what i can tell, it extends from the bulkhead to the seat pan. The same panel is on the port side as well. I need to cut a portion of the panel out, but am concerned about what is behind it. There is about 3" between the panel and the hull, from my estimation. I would also like to remove a large area of this panel form the port side which is the inner wall of the original rod locker to allow me to fit more tackle storage boxes. I know you had yours down to the skeleton and thought you may recall what was in that area and if i should be concerned about cutting it as it sits. To remove the panel, i would have to remove the console on the starboard and the entire rod box on the port. All i need removed is the portions mentioned.
    Pm sent

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

12. Member
    Thank you sir

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12