question for you Food Plot guys

any of you all use a ATV for putting in your plots? I'm in the process of getting a lease as well as getting an ATV to use while hunting.
    was curious if any of you all use an ATV to put your plots in and what kind of Implements do you use on your ATVs for your plots

Most of the implements pulled by an atv are useless on hard soil. If you are in sand I can see them working. The atv disks even with logs on them for weight take several passes to break the soil up. Bout the only food plot benefit with an atv is spraying herbicide.

3. Member
    I do.

Polaris 700 Sportsman with a GroundHog Max disc. This setup uses the weight of the ATV and Rider to push the disc down deep into the soil.

For best results build a 4 inch high ramp to back the machine onto then set the Disc Height to just touching. Takes a few passes back and forth but the results are amazing.

Got mine at Tractor Supply, had in stock and best price.

NOTE It is NOT recommended that you use a Jack to raise the quad to set the depth of the disc. This changes the suspension. Instead back up onto a 4x4 or a ramp that is 4 inches high to set the disc.

Couple of videos of one in action:

From the Designer and Company Owner

Random Youtube Videos

If that doesn't convince you, your own results will.
    Last edited by Deadeye1; 08-12-2018 at 11:26 AM.

4. Member
    I have a couple of tractors, but I still use my Polaris 500 to spray with a 10' boom sprayer and plant seed with a seed spreader.

I too use a disc behind my Honda Rancher for some smaller food plots when it’s not too hard and dry. I have a big 45 hp tractor I use but it’s a lot more of a chore to tow it up the mtn.
    Sprayer is absolutely the easiest way to do so it
    pull behind 200# capacity spreader for lime and fertilizer and seed is easier and faster than hooking up a pto spreader on the tractor
    tractor supply has good stuff.
    Good luck. Have fun.
    Do a soil test it will help you and keep you from guessing. Agricultural extension office can usually take your sample and show you what it needs
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.