Freedom Ordinance FX9 Pistol

Been wanting an Ar style pistol, but settled on an 9mm AR9 from Freedom Ordinance. Its not exactly built on an Ar platform, but is very similar and shares the same controls. 8" barrel and takes Glock mags, seem to be the best priced one I could find and reviews are pretty good. I havent had a chance to shoot it yet, but will update hopefully this weekend. I am still in amazement that the ATF allows these little guns to be shouldered. First impressions are it seems to be pretty high quality and looks cool. Best of all I can shoot steel with it and not damage my plates. I added a inexpensive Bushnell TRS-25, magpul afg, and some utg back sites are in the mail.

Does anyone else have a pistol caliber carbine that they have had good success with?

2. Member
    Been looking into getting one. I have a conventional ar, but wouldn't mind a 9mm version.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

3. Member
    Ran about 200 rds through it this weekend and it worked flawlessly. I ran the SMG mag that came with it, as well as, some ETS mags and both fed well and did what they needed to do. The brace was comfortable enough to occasionally shoulder. I added a foregrip, in my opinion is a must as I instinctively wanted to reach out past the 8" barrel to hold the stock. Gun was accurate up to 30 yards with little effort, once I tried to reach out to 50yds it took a little more concentration. I think its a killer gun only downside is it isnt exactly built on an AR platform so parts are not completely interchangeable on this brand. All in all I am pleased and would recommend so far.