Dobyns Extreme Mike Long Jig Rod 784

Got this rod and its my very first dobyns rod.

I wanted to know how versatile this rod is and if you use it for anything other than jigs?
    Most of the reading I've done say that this is a great jig rod, however the action is a little slower than i had imagined. I guess thats why some people use it for football jigs but for me it seems a little slow for that as well.
    I have it paired with an OG Zillion thats has the red PE special spool in it and braid. I was trying to compare any other rod that i have but its just a different taper and I will set off on trying some top water lure like the MB
    I-Loud because it seems to have that treble hook holding action. Ive not gotten on the water with it yet. I will use some jigs but I wanted to reach out and gather some opinions from those who have this rod and use it often.
    I think for now i will continue to use my MB fuast for football jigs until i get the hang of this rod. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    I bought the rod for jigs/football jigs as well and like u said above the action was just to light in the tip for me. I sold it and went with a megabass destroyer valvida.

Its a great spoon rod

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Haze View Post
    Its a great spoon rod
    i perfer not to spoon

5. Member
    I like mine for football jigs, swingheads, and Carolina rigs! I have 2 of them!

Have 2 myself and like tglass I use them for jigs, swingheads, and swimjigs.