Question What Truck Options

I cannot find a new 2018 truck that has the options I think I need. Probably going to order a new 2019.
    QUESTION: what do you have on your truck that is needed or indispensable ? What do you want on your truck that you do not have ?
    Thanks,

dvl2700

2. Banned
    I cannot answer.your question as.my F250 diesel Lariat is almost 16 years old. Today's trucks come with easy order packages that are often discounted. My problem is that I don't care to pay for fancy, schmancy options I don't use.

For example, my car beeps every time I cross the center line. And the cruise control has a Radar that slows the car to the same speed as the car in front of me.

I just want a vehicle with my chosen engine, automatic shift, tilt wheel, power windows, cruise control and leather or even vinyl bucket seats. That's all. I don't even like carpets in trucks.
    Last edited by Bamaman; 08-18-2018 at 06:10 AM.

3. Member
    My next truck will have to have they built in tailgate step, back up camera, and max tow tow package. Those are must have or it stays where it sits.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I cannot answer.your question as.my F250 diesel Lariat is almost 16 years old. Today's trucks come with easy order packages that are often discounted. My problem is that I don't care to pay for fancy, schmancy options I don't use.

For example, my car beeps every time I cross the center line. And the cruise control has a vacation it that slows the car to the same speed as the car in front of me.

I just want a vehicle with my chosen engine, automatic shift, tilt wheel, power windows, cruise control and leather or even vinyl bucket seats. That's all. I don't even like carpets in trucks.
    I agree with you on all the fancy stuff, Looking at a F-350 diesel XLT. Locking axle, step bars for the wife and I, 5th wheel prep and camper packages, tailgate step, and power locks and windows. Hands free phone stuff, and back up camera so I don't have to get out of the truck 10 times to hook up the boat or other trailers. Price is killing me WOW. Looking at buying my daughters old car to use as a daily driver. Or do you just drive the truck everywhere ? Insurance costs in Michigan are killers.

5. Member
    Don't buy a truck without a towing package.

How about you tell us the options you think you need that you can’t find and we’ll let you know how useful they have been.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Member
    Towing package, Back up camera, and prefer non cloth seats. Have kids that can tear up a padded room with a rubber mallet. Also no carpet

8. Joe4d
    Work interior, Ive got cruise, AC, heat.. Built in brake controller, 4X4 gooseneck hitch , flat bed with under bed tool box,, Pretty much it.
    I you tried to give me one of these gadgetfied tinker toys I'd immediately head to a commercial GM lot and trade it in.

9. Banned
    Blue tooth system. Sync in Fords.

Tow package, back up camera, cruise control, elect mirrors/windows, step bars, cloth seats, and I add Weathertech mats.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Member
    My trucks sticker was 80k so I guess you can say I like it all.

12. Member
    the 36 gallon tank on my 2013 F150 4wd Supercrew is my favorite feature.

Tow package is a must. Leather bucket seats, heated and cooled are nice. Heated steering wheel is nice in winter, but I can live without that. Automatic rain sensor for wipers is a great feature, as is auto high beam. LED headlights are a must for me. I had all that on my last F-150. My new F150 Lariat did not come with the LED lights nor the auto high beams and rain sensor wipers. I put aftermarket LED bulbs in the headlights because I couldn't see worth a crap at night with the "normal" ones. I can live without the heated steering wheel, but it would be nice to still have the auto high beams and wipers. Not a huge deal, but makes life a bit easier. Supercrew cab is a MUST. Some kind of bedliner, even if it's just a mat for the bottom and the tailgate. Some kind of step to get in the bed is a must for me, as I am short and old. I put Husky rubber mats (precision cut) in this truck and love them. I also put Weathertec Window Deflectors on so I could keep the windows cracked without worrying about rain getting in during hot weather.

Warning: Once you get a vehicle that has all the goodies, it's hard to go backwards.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

14. Member
    Must haves: tow package, bed liner, keyless entry and electric lock/windows, back-up camera for hooking up trailers, 4x4, non-leather seats, good AT tires and really that's about it. My latest truck came with way more crap that I really wanted/needed but they are all done in packages so if you want one thing you have to take the other things in that package too.

15. Member
    I just picked up my loaded '19 High Country dually. Photo in a different thread. Added some mods after I picked it up.
    2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300