Thread: vexus 20 ft

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Vexus is definitely getting lots of interest on the there forum now and with some good reasons. There boats do look sharp and will pull some people out of there brand boat. I wonder where most of there buyers come from, Ranger, Tracker Xpress or another brand. I think it could hurt Xpress the most, is it closer to there price point you know JM is going to sell lots of boats.

2. Member
    Vexus should do fine, and the competition is good for the market. Seems like last year consumers spoke when BPS released the “Heritage” package. That thing sold like crazy! We, we being consumers ultimately drive the train. If you don’t like underpowered and overpriced quit buying them.

3. Member
    My guess is that most of the Vexus buyers that are coming from another brand of aluminum boats will be from Ranger/Triton and the Express brands.

4. Member
    As soon as they paint one in camo w/out carpet... I will definitely jump on a Vexus! They look like they are really making a quality, good looking ride.
    'No Pain, No Palm; No Thorns, No Throne; No Gall, No Glory; No Cross, No Crown'

Ranger rt188 Camo/Mercury 115 Pro XS CT

I think if a pole was taken. It might surprise everyone to find that most of vexus interest is more of the glass crowed. Those the wanted to make the move to aluminum. But didn’t really want to give up the creature comforts of glass. Especially if they can guarantee dry storage.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Member
    Very impressed on Vexus "bones" on their boats. I don't think I've seen any other mass produced aluminum hull even close to that. Sure Xpress seems to have higher horse power ratings, but have seen and heard of many Xpress transoms cracking.

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Ding..ding...ding...I think GatorGlen just got it. This line of boats are for those people that want to sit in a pretty metalflake ‘glass boat but pay aluminum boat price. Is it a niche market? I have no clue but I’m sure the Vexus line will be purty, and pretty fast with that hull design and probably 60% of the price of a glass rig.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_3272 View Post
    Very impressed on Vexus "bones" on their boats. I don't think I've seen any other mass produced aluminum hull even close to that. Sure Xpress seems to have higher horse power ratings, but have seen and heard of many Xpress transoms cracking.
    I think its a little too early to know for sure that vexus wont have any transom issues. Not sure about the. 2080 but the other 2 are made from .100” aluminum. Not saying they will but certainly too early to say they arent going to have issues.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I think its a little too early to know for sure that vexus wont have any transom issues. Not sure about the. 2080 but the other 2 are made from .100” aluminum. Not saying they will but certainly too early to say they arent going to have issues.
    If my memory is correct, the transom is .125 and the C channel struts are 1/4. To my eye the transom structure is well designed but only time will tell.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Your really upset about the Revolution statement, no knock on Tracker but what have they done to revolutionize the market. Lot more to a boat than the horse on the back. That boat should push 62-64 with the 200 on it. It's also not almost 21, it's 20'2". Don't stress though per the slogan, largest to date I am assuming a 21 "almost 22" by your math with more horses should be on its heels. Mirrors? Compression latches, glass boxes, massive storage in the rear compartment, a pad hull and a high quality paint. Whose doing that. My only gripe is the bow sitting so high at rest, and the stability at rest with the trolling motor down. Lots of nice features on that boat that other companies either are not doing, or are just incorporating one or two of them. No boat is perfect, but they have a nice product. You wanna go fast get an Xpress, but how's the fit and finish. I had one, not impressed. But hey if you are upset with the ratings still then I guess you can stick with your tracker right.
    The 2080 is 4" longer than the 1980 and has a rating of 50 more horsepower.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

11. Member
    Its a good looking boat, i will say that.

12. Member

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    If my memory is correct, the transom is .125 and the C channel struts are 1/4. To my eye the transom structure is well designed but only time will tell.
    I believe you are correct Bill
    2018 Ranger RT198P
    Mercury 150 4-Stroke

13. Member
    The Xpress boats with transom issues that I have seen are .125 aluminum.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff_3272 View Post
    I don't think they are going to have any issues with the transom, 5 knee braces is the reason why, thus the ability to add 2 talons or power poles. The transom won't be the weakest link on these boats. The rangers only have 3, I believe that is part of the reason these folks started vexus, they couldn't make the changes they thought necessary to build a better boat. If you look at some of the comments from sclark they knew of the problems with the rangers, even the glass boats and are upping the ante so to speak with these boats, time will tell but I believe Vexus will be a thorn in JM's hiney for a long time to come.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog21 View Post
    As soon as they paint one in camo w/out carpet... I will definitely jump on a Vexus! They look like they are really making a quality, good looking ride.
    X2

16. Member
    I think the Vexus team took the Ranger RT experience & worked on what some of the weaknesses were and improved those areas. I wish them well, & would love to own one someday.

The "revolution" Vexus is delivering is likely not as much design related as it is execution (quality). I've not seen one in person, but the pics and vids showing the construction (stringers, bulkheads, knee-braces, etc.) all appear to be upper echelon quality execution.
    On the design side, using a shallow-draft vee-bow, pad hull design is fairly unique in aluminum; the massive storage is incredible looking - and the glass-infused consoles/panels are certainly more desirable than plastic or box-shaped aluminum versions.
    It sure looks like they've included most all bells and whistles folks want too.

Not all about top speed (horsepower) for many buyers either. Not everyone fishes tournaments, or need to go 60+ mph everyday... so they will likely do well with those that want a high quality aluminum boat that should hopefully last a very long time.

Im not so sure myself. Ive looked at one and was a little surprised. Anyway, so far I'll hold my judgement back.

19. Member
    Surprised with? Curious only seen pics.

Kinda like ranger floating the boat with the holes cut in it. Wonder if vexus will do that too
    So how come nobody else cuts the holes or even claims their rigs won't sink full of water. Proabaly because they're going down like the Titanic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast