Thread: vexus 20 ft

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vexus 20 ft

just got email from vexus announcing this saturaday, 20 ft alum rated for 200 hp

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    just got email from vexus announcing this saturaday, 20 ft alum rated for 200 hp
    That should be a nice boat
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    That should be a nice boat
    That will come with a nice big price tag!!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    That will come with a nice big price tag!!
    Im guessing high 40's and up

They are pretty much matching what is already out there just putting a fancy looking console and paint job. No doubt they look nice but they have an 18’10” with a 115 (run of the mill) 19’10” with a 150 ( run of the mill) and likely a 20’10” model with a 200 again run of the mill stuff thats already out there. Im wondering if the 20 footer is still made out of .100” aluminum?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Banned
    Give them a few years to get the bugs worked out of their new line of boats.

Looks like a nice rig. I think if I was going to drop $50k on a 21' boat I'd want more than a 200 hp on it, but that's just my opinion, it will probably sell good.

8. Member
    Yeah, if I was spending that kind of money, I'd get a Z519 with a 225 V8!
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    It's being introduced at the FLW Cup and Forrest will be there. That's kind of interesting.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I know I’ve watched the videos a few times and the green one with the Etec H.O. Is riding high and looks to be moving out!

My F150 Lariat supercrew was $36k when I bought it, same truck costs a lot more today!

I’d have no problem rocking a Vexus with a new Mercury 4s ProXS or an Etec H.O. They’re nice looking boats no doubt and the layouts seem to use space nicely. The hull design is special. To me they’re almost a hybrid with the ‘glass add-ons. The videos are well done, I just want to see one in person.

If there is one near Tampa someone please speak up!
    Last edited by Casslaw; 08-09-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    I like the look of the boat, but man there high dollar. When i think of aluminum i think of going places where a glass boat shouldnt, i could not do that with that rig, 1 for the money and 2 for how nice it looks

nice looking boats, but if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I go with Xpress. we need to wait a few years to see how they hold up.

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m with Bkt1, he said it much better than I did! The whole point of having a smaller, lighter, not 80k boat is to get places they just can’t. The Vexus blurs that line a lot!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

14. Member
    Everyone bitches that they want a tin with a 200 and when they come out with one, it's like meh. Only on BBC lol.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Everyone bitches that they want a tin with a 200 and when they come out with one, it's like meh. Only on BBC lol.
    No kidding, I have seen so much complaining about HP. They release a higher HP model now everyone complains about the price. The best part is VEXUS HAS NOT RELEASE PRICING! No offense to Tracker or any other brand, but these are different boats than anything that is currently offered. If you want Tracker pricing and quality, go buy a Tracker. They are not going for taking over the cheap boat market, they are trying to offer a quality product that is actually comfortable to ride in.

Have any of you actually seen a Vexus in person? Have any of you actually ridden in or drove a Vexus? If you have, did you really take an unbiased look at them? I have, I am definitely not bias to any brand of boat. I looked at pretty much every brand and model of aluminum bass boat on the market. Vexus surpasses them all by a long shot in quality and design.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkt1 View Post
    Great for them, some folks are not willing and cant spend in 40-50-60 k on a boat. They make a great looking boat. Im not bias on any brand either... unless some one else is paying for it.
    Then you don't buy a 20' boat with a 200.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    And they complain about the price. It has a 200 HP motor! You could bolt it to a plywood box and it would still be expensive.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

18. Member
    Was it another tread where the complaning is? Xpress pro 21 with 250 is in the high 40s low 50s dpending on options.

19. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I know I’ve watched the videos a few times and the green one with the Etec H.O. Is riding high and looks to be moving out!

My F150 Lariat supercrew was $36k when I bought it, same truck costs a lot more today!

I’d have no problem rocking a Vexus with a new Mercury 4s ProXS or an Etec H.O. They’re nice looking boats no doubt and the layouts seem to use space nicely. The hull design is special. To me they’re almost a hybrid with the ‘glass add-ons. The videos are well done, I just want to see one in person.

If there is one near Tampa someone please speak up!
    Toho Marine
    https://m.facebook.com/tohomarine/

20. Member
    That's because people wanted the higher horsepower with the smaller boats. Putting a bigger motor on a bigger boat is pretty much the same problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast