Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Which model boat is this pictures. The keel shape doesnt look like an RT hull is this a ranger deep v?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Which model boat is this pictures. The keel shape doesnt look like an RT hull is this a ranger deep v?
    Sure looks like it

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Yep, it's one of the deep-v models. Which one, I"m not sure. The Tracker was also one of the deep-v models.

4. Member
    I have a few "scars" on the sides of my RT, nothing like that. Then again years ago, back in the 80's and 90's I owned a few riveted boats. Where you see those "scars" you may have seen rows of rivets. Every single riveted boat I've ever owned has leaked including the Lund. It was not a big deal as I would simply yank the plug out from the inside back then while I was running from spot to spot and suck the water out. For you young guys that was our old fashioned bilge pump back in the day LOL. It's pretty easy with a tiller steer. There is no perfect boat! Somethings going to give when you start making these tin boats in the sizes they are making them today with the motors they are hanging on them now.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That’s the way I learned to get the water out of my 1960-or so pos 14’ little metal boat with a 20 Mercury on the back. I was so proud when I was about 14 y/o that I built a front and back deck for it then went fishing and couldn’t reach the plug while moving!

Technology has has come leaps and bounds but the same stuff always comes up...god I’m feeling old today!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Well since its a deep v they are designed for larger waves and rougher water that would explain the increased number of bracing in the bottom area like in the picture. Structural bracing is a good thing. And to be honest i doubt you would ever see a mod v that looked like that.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    My ranger doesn't look like that

Quote Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
    My ranger doesn't look like that
    Is yours a deep v or the rt series? Big difference in design.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12