Atlas Hydraulic Jack plate question??

What number on the digital gage are you guys getting best speed numbers for running I've got a 2018 zx225 with a 25 t2 prop

2. Member
    The digital gauge is not a very reliable way to set your engine. A 13 on the digital read out right now might turn into a 12 or 14 over time. It's only a magnetic sensor that over time could get bumped around or possibly even being dirty may cause it to read differently. Your best bet is to go off of the tape on the plate and just use your digital as a quick reference if you need to move it while running (like maybe when running out of shallow water with it jacked all the way up and you want to put it back close to normal position when you get into deeper water). Even with using the tape as reference though, mine might be best at 3-1/2 on the tape but yours might be better somewheres else. It all depends on what hole your engine is bolted onto your jackplate with. If mine is hung on the 3rd hole from top and yours is bolted through the 2nd then the jackplate will be at different heights to achieve same prop to pad.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info I really appreciate it..