OX66 exhaust manifold

Hey guys, I just bought a new to me boat last week. 2003 Stratos with an OX66 225, model VX225TLRB. First time out it ran hot on idle after a long run. My water pressure gauge was not working, but it at faria right now being rebuilt. I take it today to have a new water pump put in it, and they call to let me know the exhaust manifold is messed up. My question is, anybody have a writeup or a detailed description with how to replace this thing. Also, looks like hydrotec sells one, should I buy that or a stock replacement. Also, what all do I need to get to go with it. I know the powerhead has to come off. I appreciate the help. I'm pretty sure the guy knew this and was trying to get rid of it, so now it's my problem. I'm trying to post a picture up of what it looks like. Thanks for all the help, Clayton.

2. Member
    Looks like something got real hot. The powerhead does have to come off as well as separate the midsection. Not hard but certainly and involved process. A few pics of the job on mine, below. Imo, if you're taking the motor down that far I would install the HT piece and change to solid motor mounts while you're at it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ClarkBird; 08-09-2018 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added more text
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

3. Member
    Check your oil pump adjustment when you get everything back together. The HT tuner raises the torque curve up in the rpm range. Just a FYI. On a heavy boat with no mods you "may" be better with the stock unit. Still may have one kicking around if interested. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    Looking at it quick last night, my oil pump looks out of adjustment. I was reading the procedure in the manual, but wanted to verify, I do this in neutral, engine not running correct? Mind needs to be shortened, but just a little concerned about shortening too much

5. Member
    lever should be 1mm off the pin on that motor. Just disconnect it and adjust.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

6. Member
    Took the plunge today . All went pretty well other than one motor mount bolt was stuck. Had to get an air hammer to get it out. I will be replacing the motor mounts for sure.

7. Member
    Quick question about bleeding the oil system. I never emptied the oil or if the reservoir in the side of the motor. It's still fill of oil . Can I just be hook the oil hose back up and crank it?

8. Member
    Did you get a chance to take the boat out and run it after the tuner install? Is the sound any different and did you see any gain in speed?

9. Member
    I'm out on the water now. Works great. I changed the poopit valve and thermostats too because it ran hot on muffs after I rebuilt. I had only owned the boat a week before I had to tear it down so I really don't know. It just ran 71.5 on a Stratos 200 with 85 degree water and air temp.