Thread: Garmin Question

Garmin Question

I have two Humminbird Helix units and want to add a Garmin at the console for mapping purposes, what options do I have in the 8-10" screen size?

2. Member
    ECHOMAP™ Plus 93sv Without Transducer

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/59.../010-01901-00#
    Ranger, Z520c with Mercury, 250 Pro XS
    Garmin & Minn Kota

Quam's Marine, Stoughton, WI

3. Member
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

4. Member
    Make sure you are looking at the ECHOMAP Plus unit.
    Garmin & Minn Kota

5. Member
    Stupid question but what is the benefit of the Plus? I'm just now starting to look at these units and do not know the differences yet.

6. Member
    I believe that the plus is touch screen and will work with the Live Scope.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    EC Plus units are touch screen and has ethernet capabilities.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Plus units use built-in Wi-Fi to pair with the ActiveCaptain app for access to OneChart, smart notifications, software updates and Garmin Quickdraw Community data.

Garmin & Minn Kota

9. Member
    The 9inch echomap plus units are great. You also have 942xs (touch), 1042xsv(non-touch).

In my setup I didn't like the cradle mounts in the echomap which is why I have 942's. Also to note if your doing mapping and want to do quickdraw, you will need a Garmin ducer plugged into that unit to read bottom.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiScott View Post
    The 9inch echomap plus units are great. You also have 942xs (touch), 1042xsv(non-touch).

In my setup I didn't like the cradle mounts in the echomap which is why I have 942's. Also to note if your doing mapping and want to do quickdraw, you will need a Garmin ducer plugged into that unit to read bottom.
    Quickdraw? Is that the live mapping feature like autochart? I did not even think about needing a transducer for that. Thanks.
    Last edited by medicpelle; 08-09-2018 at 04:13 PM.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes......live mapping
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medicpelle View Post
    Quickdraw? Is that the live mapping feature like autochart? I did not even think about needing a transducer for that. Thanks.
    Yes Quickdraw = live mapping. Garmin needs a ducer to read bottom. US2 on your MK does not work for QD if you wanted to know.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiScott View Post
    US2 on your MK does not work for QD if you wanted to know.
    Really? I'm sure it wouldn't work as well as some other transducers, but it seems to me that any transducer would work to some extent.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

14. Member
    I know it needs the ducer to do it, it just totally slipped my mind and shocked that it did . Thank you to everyone that helped.

15. Member
    I have the 93sv plus and have the ultra hd card, and have a helix 9 with the lakemaster smartstrike card and the lakemaster card reads contour better than my garmin, I was just on lake Harris here in Florida which is a popular lake and I was pretty surprised with the map difference

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    I have the 93sv plus and have the ultra hd card, and have a helix 9 with the lakemaster smartstrike card and the lakemaster card reads contour better than my garmin, I was just on lake Harris here in Florida which is a popular lake and I was pretty surprised with the map difference
    Interesting, I have a Helix 10 and wanted to add a second unit at the dash for mapping and thought with the Garmin having Quickdraw would be a better route then going with another HB and autochart. I may move the other 10 I have to the dash and get a new set up at the bow for livescope.

17. Member
    I like that smartstrike card, as long as the lake your on is on the list you can pick what species of fish, weather, time of year and it will show you spots to fish, pretty cool. And it has actually worked for me. The garmin card dont have an option like this, as far as I know... unless I'm using it wrong.... which at first I wasn't using the smartstrike card right, I had to ask someone in the humminbird section.... these cards dont give you any instructions, pretty lame... spend almost 200 on a map card and dont even give you instructions on how to use the thing.