Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Renegade classic rule changes?

So last night i heard about some rule changes i think will hurt the turnout for the Renegade tournaments. Im not crazy about them and think it throws the ball even farther into the locals court.

1. Instead of taking the top 50 to the final day, theyll take the top 20%. No hige deal here, if they get the same amount of boats they had last year theyll take 44 instead of 50 boats to the final day

2. 3 fish limit every day. This will keep a lot of people a lot closer and really crowd the standings. The guys that choose to make the big runs only have to get 3 bites in their 4 hours of fishing instead of 5. Again, guys that know the south end of KY will probably rule the roost again

3. The lakes are off limits from september 23- september 30. This is where a lot of the argument is coming. A lot of made a vacation out of it and some guys already had their hotel/cabins scheduled. Guys that can fish right up till the cutoff will have a large advantage on those coming from out of town who will essentially get 2 or 2 1/2 days to practice leading up to the tournament.

Everybody ive talkes to opposes the rule changes and the fact they were dropped in our lap 2 months before the classic after weve already fished all the qualifiers. Have heard a few say they wont be back next year. What say the bbc members who fish it?

note: all this was told to us by a very reliable source but i wont swear i didnt miss something or misword something
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    You are right on everything listed above. I have fished the renegades for awhile now and was definitely not happy with all these rule changes. Them taking only the top 20% is no biggie. The issue i have with it is they posted the rules of the tournaments and the classic at the beginning of the year. Then once the season is pretty much over they decided to change the rules to what is listed above. Some of the reasons they said they did this was because ky lake is fishing so tough. Thats bs. If you cant catch a limit then so be it you don’t deserve to win. the rule changes would have been alot more acceptable if they would have done all this at the start of the year. Heck i think they should have a vote at the classic meeting for the following year for the 3 fish limit and as well as where the classic will be the following year. . I also go down and make a long vacation out of the tournament so by you not being able to fish untill sunday cuts that somewhat short. All in all i think the decision to change this was bs and it could all have been handled in a better way. I definitely see the renegade turn outs becoming lower. The problem is there just arent very many other large team trails with a big classic.

3. Member
    Any series around here that changed the rules mid stream would be dead the next year.

4. Member
    The lake is in trouble, for myself I fish it a lot and don’t care what the biologists say I’ve seen the change the last 2 years,while I don’t agree with changing rules at the end of the year I do appreciate Renegades trying to look out for our resources, tourn pressure/Asian carp we just have a lot of issues right now... Picture is from Jay Kumars website of a Kentucky lake bass.05EFC1A2-8BDE-403E-912B-7B6EC3C18F07.jpg

5. Member
    Last edited by CaymasRodney; 08-16-2018 at 08:52 PM.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I agree on all points, it shouldnt be changed mid year. However I am all for a 3 fish limit and have been for years.

But what can I say, I have only fished one all year, first time in about 10 years that I wont be fishing the classic. Just been too busy working on boats and I dont feel right leaving someones boat mid job to go fish a tournament.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Member
    Lost interest in it a few years ago . Never really cared for the way things were run from the get go.

8. Member
    If I dont like the way something is done I dont show up.

Think it would be a good idea to move the classic around. It’s tough to fish against the locals down there year after year. Let them come to Cumberland and get some of there own cooking.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dausefarms View Post
    Think it would be a good idea to move the classic around. It’s tough to fish against the locals down there year after year. Let them come to Cumberland and get some of there own cooking.
    I agree with having a moving venue year to year but they know the facilities and know the capacity of the ramps in the Kuttawa area. They have figured out how to run a successful event down there, that's for sure.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky 520c View Post
    The lake is in trouble, for myself I fish it a lot and don’t care what the biologists say I’ve seen the change the last 2 years,while I don’t agree with changing rules at the end of the year I do appreciate Renegades trying to look out for our resources, tourn pressure/Asian carp we just have a lot of issues right now... Picture is from Jay Kumars website of a Kentucky lake bass.05EFC1A2-8BDE-403E-912B-7B6EC3C18F07.jpg
    Man I've yet to see any bass like that this year. All the ones I've caught have been fat and healthy. I will say that it seems the bass this year have been suspended far more than in the past, and hardly active at all during the day. Friday night it was on like donkey kong from 7pm to 9pm with the big hammer swimbaits, freaking shad everywhere! Only one boat trailer at Fenton too, so it was all mine for the taking!

I would love to see an evening bass tournament from 6pm to midnight, I bet the results would be very eye-opening! I swear the bass have gotten wise to "normal" bass tournament hours.

12. Member
    Never in my life ever seen a fish that skinny before. That was alive. Lol

13. Member
    When is this tournament,many boats expected and what ramp.
    Don't see it listed in the kfw tournament page.

14. Member
    It launches from Lake Barkley, which is why you won’t see it if you’re looking at KY lake. Kuttawa, Lyon Co, and mineral mounds ramps are all used. Typically 200-300 boats.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I totally understand the anger towards Renegade changing the rules after people have already committed - that is total BS! I would be mad too!

I don't understand all the negativity towards the locals though. I would think the off-limits would help even things up a bit against the locals. Late September is tough with things constantly changing, a few days of off-limits just before the tournament should tighten things up and reward the adaptive anglers.

Its not negativity towards the locals, just the rule. They can be on the water right up until cutoff (sunday the 23rd). Many guys come down a week in advance to fish and try to figure something out. Doesnt sound like a big deal except many of these guys already have their room/cabin/house booked in advance and paid for. Pretty well screws them. Then you add in the fact that we have to be at the meeting wed night, so those of us who stay south wont even get a half a day of practice. At best, the guys coming from out of town get 2 1/2 days of practice to figure those lakes out, likely isnt happening. The rumblings are that next fall the classic will be on chick just like the usa bassin is doing. Imo renegade has screwed the pooch with all these changes midseason. We may or may not fish it and everybody ive talked to is in the same mindset. I could see them losing 1/4-1/2 of their boats next year

16. Member
    I don't fish them so i don't have a dog in it.The off limits rule this late in
    year is a bad move.The three fish wouldn't matter to me even if they
    didn't announce it until the meeting.Changing it up really Isn't going
    to matter,When the payout is good your going to have locals no
    matter what,especially when you have open divisions like that.
    I personally don't see it any different then you fishing green all
    time and spanking everybodys butt regularly.How many of those
    people do you think can put in,or do put in the amount of time there
    you do?not being an ass,just looking from the other side.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulapopr View Post
    I don't fish them so i don't have a dog in it.The off limits rule this late in
    year is a bad move.The three fish wouldn't matter to me even if they
    didn't announce it until the meeting.Changing it up really Isn't going
    to matter,When the payout is good your going to have locals no
    matter what,especially when you have open divisions like that.
    I personally don't see it any different then you fishing green all
    time and spanking everybodys butt regularly.How many of those
    people do you think can put in,or do put in the amount of time there
    you do?not being an ass,just looking from the other side.
    Haha, i have a 2 year old, prefishing is a thing of the past for me. Id actually guess that most of the guys i fish against put in more time than i do. Like i said, its nothing against the locals at all. Its the rule changes in the middle of the year. When everything is moved to chick, the locals there will have the advantage. To be honest we'll likely fish it again, its the best team trail in the state as far as im concerned

18. Member
    I would fish the trail but all derbies are on Sunday. I’m in church.

19. Member
    I tell my wife you go to church and I will enjoy what God created.

20. Member
    I used to feel the same way as both of you. But as I dug deeper into God’s word I realize that church is really Important for me. I love to go and be taught Gods word and be in fellowship with other believers. As the spiritual leader of my home, it’s my responsibility to lead my family in Christ. Church just helps with that. Believe me, I need all the help I can get!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast