Pro XS Analog Trim Gauge

Hi Guys
    I have a Merc Pro XS on a Ranger....It not a huge deal but when I am running and trimmed up to where I need to be, my gauge has barely moved from the left side on the analog gauge. Is there a way to exaggerate this so the gauge shows more movement from all the way down to where the motor sits while running?

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    sender can be adjusted for farther needle movement but not faster needle movement
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Is the "sender" the round part inside the left side of the mount that can be accessed when the motor is trimmed all the way up? If so, I loosened the 2 screws and twisted it but it only moved a tiny bit. Do they screws actually need to be removed and take the sender off to adjust it? Sorry for the ignorance....but thanks for the help

4. Member
    that's it ,no need for remove to adjust,
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Maybe I just spun it the wrong way. I thought I read that it needed to go clockwise but there was almost no room left to adjust it that direction. I'll take a second look at it and try to spin in counter-clockwise and see what happens.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a couple moments to review the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor