Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Delete
    Last edited by bigjoe; 08-12-2018 at 11:44 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Yeah should’ve hit restore cursor so I would have a water background.
    Melissa is not a BBC regular anyway. I was just happy to see the texting
    work so easily...

the “ unofficial “ release seems to work just fine, have not
    run into any issues...
    i loaded it on my Carbon 12 yesterday, couldn’t get the txt thing working with my iPhone. It paired, but no messages came up on the Carbon. Do use iOS or Android?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

3. Member
    I got it working with both. I linked IOS & android.
    With the android you can send texts from
    The MFD. IPHONE RECEIVE ONLY.

4. Member
    I guess I'm an oddball but I put my phone into airplane mode when I launch my boat and it stays that way until I'm back at the ramp. The last thing I want is texts showing up on my graphs.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I guess I'm an oddball but I put my phone into airplane mode when I launch my boat and it stays that way until I'm back at the ramp. The last thing I want is texts showing up on my graphs.
    Generally I agree with you...

but, sometimes I go out early fishing and my wife and kids come to the ramp around noon and we spend the afternoon skiing and boating. It would be nice to have that “I’m Here” txt not be missed.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I got it working with both. I linked IOS & android.
    With the android you can send texts from
    The MFD. IPHONE RECEIVE ONLY.
    I struggled to get the phone paired...finally succeeded. But it doesn’t seem to want to be linked to BOTH of my HDS’s at the same time. Honestly, the pairing process doesn’t seem quite ready for production yet. Maybe they are still working on it..and that’s why they pulled it back?

You cannot pair 2 units on one phone

8. Member
    I do have the update but cannot get the Social Maps to load onto my HDS3.
    I have all the files for the map on an micro SD but they don't load up on my unit.
    Do you have to have c map software on the unit. My shows Lowrance and Navionics but the the Social Map Lakes don't load.

9. Member
    Does the social map show up on the menu with Lowrance and Navionics? if not there is an error. The biggest error that happens is a Serial and Content ID entry error when you register your unit on your social account.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Does the social map show up on the menu with Lowrance and Navionics?
    Seems that it
    Last edited by bigjoe; 08-18-2018 at 01:49 PM.

11. Member
    The background map in your carbon is C Map. What is a Lowrance Simulator? All C map Genesis maps run off a card They are stand alone do not require any background map to use.

12. Member
    Lowrance simulator is apparently based on Lowrance Insight maps. Best I can figure if you upload a
    sonar log it comes back as a C map format chart. If you create a chart with the MFD with out
    C Map that’s works too but can’t add color and maybe other limitations.
    This is all new to me, never tried to create a chart or download from the “store” until a few
    days ago. Navionics is all I have ever needed & the internal insight charts are good also.

Maybe one of the chart making experts can give a better explanation. I can just
    post my limited experience along with a few screenshots...
    Last edited by bigjoe; 08-14-2018 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Color shading does work with the Lowrance chart created maps

13. Member
    Social Maps are a free account on Cmap Genesis. The Edge is the subscription account for C Map Genesis where you can map your own maps keep the data private or public your choice. Those maps you can make with bottom compostion or Grass Vegetation which all show up in colors on the map. With Genesis Live that is another way to capture sonar logs live and real time them upload to your account where you can make a real map for future use. If you record a body of water 100 times you can merge them all together and expand your coverage and detail. This idea to make the map real time is great but it still needs to be uploaded for a real map for Future use and expansion. To create multiple maps on sonar live users would never pay for all the memory and storage it would take for that process over time. There is no getting away from uploading sonar logs for creating realistic maps going forward. The link below will give you all kinds of info and leaning about CMap Genesis

https://insightgenesis.wordpress.com/

14. Member
    Don't forget to make individual folders for your social maps that are downloaded. The system will not recognise multiple maps from the same directory.

15. Member
    It is worth noting that all live-mapping options out there that work directly on your chartplotter are designed as a short-term service. (Including Sonarcharts Live, Quickdraw and Autochart Live)

By that I mean that they all have issues whenever you start to have large amaounts of data, so ideally you should upload to whatever non-live service you preferr as well and at some point clear your memorycard of live-data when the area of interest is mapped ok with that non-live service. I don`t have enough Genesis Live data to say if this aplies here as well, but I would be VERY surprised if GL is any different in this perspective. So keep that sonarlog going and upload to C-map Genesis, Reefmaster, Navionics, Autochart PC or whatever like before, even when using GL.

16. Member
    I have a question about the 18.2 update. Where in the FTP list is it located? I have looke through all the files including the doc's to no avail. Thanks...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wise 1 View Post
    I have a question about the 18.2 update. Where in the FTP list is it located? I have looke through all the files including the doc's to no avail. Thanks...
    Looks to me like they have pulled it from the FTP site.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    It is worth noting that all live-mapping options out there that work directly on your chartplotter are designed as a short-term service. (Including Sonarcharts Live, Quickdraw and Autochart Live)

By that I mean that they all have issues whenever you start to have large amaounts of data, so ideally you should upload to whatever non-live service you preferr as well and at some point clear your memorycard of live-data when the area of interest is mapped ok with that non-live service. I don`t have enough Genesis Live data to say if this aplies here as well, but I would be VERY surprised if GL is any different in this perspective. So keep that sonarlog going and upload to C-map Genesis, Reefmaster, Navionics, Autochart PC or whatever like before, even when using GL.

AutoChart Live is not limited to time or file size. Built-in ACL is 8 hours, but directly to a Zero Line Card will last your lifetime.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    AutoChart Live is not limited to time or file size. Built-in ACL is 8 hours, but directly to a Zero Line Card will last your lifetime.
    Yes, and the units (core and Helix) starts having issues around 300-400 hours of recorded data. To much data to process for the units. Again, no problem when used in AC PC but I would never depend solely on AC Live.

20. Member
    I was on fishing two full days, I liked the work of the GL, still I would add a couple of items to the menu, this is a general adjustment of the water level in the pond which can rise due to heavy rains, or fall due to prolonged drought. And you need to add manual editing (erasing) of the sections of the already drawn map where the sonar has lost its bottom for example on a flock of dense fish, or where the map climbed strongly to the dry land along the shoreline.
    And so far only positive emotions! Navico on top!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast