mikesxpress

Topwater Tuesday

Took Steve out to catch some dinner fare. Good water clarity. No debris. Lots of large surface swimming crabs. Water temperature 85. Not seeing as many fish with mico this year. Another banner summer for rock fish continues. More break-in time on the new V8.

2. Member
    Mike we are originally from Michigan and rocks in the super markets there are really expensive. Enjoy (those and the V8).

3. mikesxpress
    These are not cheap either Hal!! Cost for boat/electronics/truck/gas/new engine, etc...
    Averaging per pound of striped bass comes out to about $650.00 for a meal.
    Putting a couple hundred lbs of tuna steaks in the freezer offsets that a little. Poor bass only guys got nothing coming...

4. Member
    LM Bass taste great.

5. mikesxpress

6. Member
    Yall east coasties think you can only eat striped bass and blue crabs. Lol

7. mikesxpress
    That doesn't pertain to all of us Scott. I will eat most any fish (Lutefisk & snakeheads excluded) but my preference is for saltwater fish like tuna, speckled trout, flounder, kings, etc.. A mess of fried brim, crappie, or catfish are also welcome.

8. Member
    I'm from Minnesota. Lutefisk sounds disgusting and I refuse to even try it. I agree with everything you said except snakehead. Tried that. It was great.