Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Simons Flashed 75hp 4stroke on the TXW?? Anyone

Has anyone done the Simons Flashed 75hp 4stroke on the TXW?? If so, what prop are you running and setup?
    hiw do you like it.
    Thanks
    Chance

What year 4 stroke? I have still yet to see a flashed 4 stroke setup on here yet to be honest.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    What year 4 stroke? I have still yet to see a flashed 4 stroke setup on here yet to be honest.
    Gotcha. It’s for a 2015 TXW 75hp Merc

I guess I’m gonna have to be the Guinea pig����*♂️ I will be picking up my new to me boat this Saturday.

4. Member
    I had my 75 Merc 4s flashed last year. It will now runs alot better than before. I have had it a bit over 50 mph in cooler weather conditions loaded light. Loaded with me my buddy and all our tackle it will run about 44mph in the summer heat. It turns a lazerII 20p to about 6100 rpms on my factory tach, I know probably not accurate. This prop was purchased used and could use a bluprint and a bit of cup. I also have a Michigan Wheel 19p Apollo XHS that I can turn to about 6300rpm, it handles a bit better and has better holeshot. I usually use it when I have somebody with me. Then it wont turn the rpms and seems better overall when loded heavier. This is on a 2013 Crestliner VT17. I am very happy with the flash.

5. Member
    Yeah we are all full of sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Yeah we are all full of sheet.
    Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Was just saying i havnt seen anybody post about a flashed newer 4 stroke. Now the op got some good info or am i missing something?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    My bad. Thought the comment was saying there was no truthful info out there. Sorry for the comment. My mistake. There are a couple of us 4s flashed guys out here. Have had a few conversations with another owner also.
    Not sure what this is supposed to mean. Was just saying i havnt seen anybody post about a flashed newer 4 stroke. Now the op got some good info or am i missing something?

8. Banned
    I’ve researched this to death. Most saw a marginal increase (like 3-4mph) with a prop one higher (19). The Optimax flashed seems to do much better.

I want to see ones that have them setup correctly. I know not all are setup to max potential. When I get mine setup it be be as follows:
    Flashed to 115hp+ tune
    4” or 6” jackplate
    2 Fully worked props to my application 1 for speed and 1 for loaded

Hoping this setup correctly to yield the 50-55mph top speed and a loaded speed of 47-49mph

I had my 75 Merc 4s flashed last year. It will now runs alot better than before. I have had it a bit over 50 mph in cooler weather conditions loaded light. Loaded with me my buddy and all our tackle it will run about 44mph in the summer heat. It turns a lazerII 20p to about 6100 rpms on my factory tach, I know probably not accurate. This prop was purchased used and could use a bluprint and a bit of cup. I also have a Michigan Wheel 19p Apollo XHS that I can turn to about 6300rpm, it handles a bit better and has better holeshot. I usually use it when I have somebody with me. Then it wont turn the rpms and seems better overall when loded heavier. This is on a 2013 Crestliner VT17. I am very happy with the flash.
    Thats the info I was wanting to hear thanks!

Seems alot of opti setups turn out well. Im not 100% sure but i think the 75 has a different camshaft than the 115. I know there are more sifferences than just ecm tuning i remember don weed posting about them when they came out. This is usually why flashed engines performance always falls slightly short of a motor born for that hp. Alot get very close tho. Prop work is important out of the box props generally do not have peak performance. Also in this hp range go 6” jack plate. Better all around.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Seems alot of opti setups turn out well. Im not 100% sure but i think the 75 has a different camshaft than the 115. I know there are more sifferences than just ecm tuning i remember don weed posting about them when they came out. This is usually why flashed engines performance always falls slightly short of a motor born for that hp. Alot get very close tho. Prop work is important out of the box props generally do not have peak performance. Also in this hp range go 6” jack plate. Better all around.
    Yeah I have seen that the part number on the crankshaft is different on the 75/90hp vs the 115hp as well. Simons was saying that this platform ‘15-up 75hp yield better numbers than before. So we will see. I always thought the Optis were stronger too.
    Thanks for the heads heads-up on the Jackplate����

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceG View Post
    Yeah I have seen that the part number on the crankshaft is different on the 75/90hp vs the 115hp as well. Simons was saying that this platform ‘15-up 75hp yield better numbers than before. So we will see. I always thought the Optis were stronger too.
    Thanks for the heads heads-up on the Jackplate����
    Yep, the 115 cam is different. I've scoured the interwebs on this subject with no real definitive answer as to speed with a jackplate, prop, etc. Everything out there suggests a marginal increase. I should just yank it out and send it in.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Keep in mind that depending on exactly which MODEL 75 you have, there may be other differences at play. Internal differences in the 115, for certain. Also external item differences in some of the 75/90 models, as well as potentially completely different gearcase or gear ratio.

Lots of questions to answer in order to to something like this successfully (aside from the legality of doing so).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post

(aside from the legality of doing so).
    Flashing is illegal? If so, who would enforce this?

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Flashing is illegal? If so, who would enforce this?
    Water patrol looks at your prop pitch....
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    Now there’s a legal pitch?

18. Banned
    The point I’m trying to make is that no enforcement agency, on or off the water, will inspect your vessel to determine whether or not it has been flashed.

19. Member
    So if I run a stock 75 4s with a 21 pitch x7 am I going to get a ticket for running to big of a prop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post

So if I run a stock 75 4s with a 21 pitch x7 am I going to get a ticket for running to big of a prop.
    No dont worry about anything. Don just discloses the legality because he is a tech and its about emissions ratings being effected. Yoy will never get in any sort of trouble on the water.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast