CMC Jack Plate update kits

Those of you with CMC Hydraulic plates owe it to yourselves to get the upgrade kit.
    The kit makes the plate much smoother and straighter operating.

Contact Bill @ Allison 865-983-5920

2. Member
    Price?
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

3. Member
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

will they fit the older plates that are flat on the sides

5. Moderator
    The kit is either $125.00 or $135.00.

Not sure on the older plate. Bill should be able to tell you.

6. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Myron, if you have one of the older plates with the flat sides then it should have the nylatron guides in between the inner and outer plate, right? I had a CMC back in the early 90's with flat sides and that one had the guides in between. I don't see why this new kit won't fit your CMC. Can you post a pic of it?
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    Glad to see this post. It reminds me that I need to put a little lube on my slides. I have the new CMC on my boat and the only thing I've noticed is the slides dry out quick and it makes a horrible sound when you are jacking it up. I didn't have that on my old CMC plates but it is smooth when it is has a little grease on it.

8. Member
    Johnny I hope you were using the term "grease" to describe lubricating the slides with something like WD40 or silicon spray. Never apply actual grease to that area or you will attract every bit of dirt and debris that get kicked up off the road.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    Johnny I hope you were using the term "grease" to describe lubricating the slides with something like WD40 or silicon spray. Never apply actual grease to that area or you will attract every bit of dirt and debris that get kicked up off the road.
    Actually I do use spray silicon. Bad wording on my part. But if you heard that horrible sound it makes dry you'd put mamma's lard on there to stop it if you had to. LOL

10. Member
    yeah I'd say I have to agree with that!! Mine used to do that a lot and tilt sideways before I installed the kit. But I do keep it lubricated often
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

11. Member
    How hard was the install? Inquiring minds want to know.

12. Member
    You really need an engine lifting eye and a way to hang the weight of the engine while you’re replacing the sliders.
    I know Craig unbolted his engine from the jackplate when he installed his but I left mine fully bolted on but supported the engine weight with the lifting eye while using the trim function to evenly take the pressure off the slider bolts. Took me just a little over an hour to install.

13. Member
    You can do it without the ring.. a 4x6 to rest the skeg on and trim and jackplate adjustments are your friend. It takes a good amount of time and finesse tho.
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

14. Member
    As scj pointed out, I removed my engine while he left his on to install the inner guide plates. if I'm not mistaken, Steve told me his was fairly new when he did his while mine was a few years old with semi chewed up inner washers. Because the inner washers were chewed up they became reduced in thickness allowing the plates to begin the process of sandwiching together further crushing the washers. That is why I had to remove the engine, so I could get some shims in between to spread the plates out a bit.

Once installed I coated each side liberally with WD40 while jacking the plate up and down thru the full range of motion. For that first full year after installing the guide plates I would liberally apply WD40 to each side before every trip out. I knew those plates were in for some rough treatment til they wore in from being jammed in there so I wanted them to wear evenly and smoothly.

Hanging the engine properly when you are done, in my honest opinion, is key to keeping the engine straight and applying even pressure to the plate once the motor is hung.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P