How to adjust trim/tilt gauge?

Had a new Mercury Engine, a 2018 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, put on my 2008 Triton last Friday. Had it done while I waited... High Five to Robbins Marine in Milton, PA!... The only thing that didn't get done was adjusting the Trim/Tile gauge. Anybody know how to do it? I'd like to do it myself as its a 4 hour round trip to take it back to Robbins and I don't want to miss any fishing time!
    Last edited by OBT; 08-07-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Robbins is good folks and have been around a long time. It is 10 min from where I grew up. It is most likely an analog sender and is located on the left side of the motor arrached to the tilt bracket. You have to tilt the motor up, loosen the two screws slightly and twist the puck, retighten. Check the accuracy of the gauge. It will take many attempts to get it right but you will. It helps to have two folks so one can run the trim and the other adjust the sender.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Looks like there is no way to adjust it. The sensor is small, held on with two screws (Top Pic) with no adjustment play. Weird.

4. Member
    Take it off and look at the other side. If I remember correctly there is a slot you can adjust with a screwdriver.

Thanks. I'll look again tonight. Don't remember seeing one but my eyes aren't what they once were! Mean time, got to leave for work in a few and I've had enough of messing with it for now.