Question What would you do

Hey guys, Iam tempted to leave this open all the way through. But then 3700’s could Wind up all over my reels. What would y’all do put dividers in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

2. Member
    I assume your rods will lay under the covered portion extending forward. If so I believe I'd erect a small barrier on each side of the opening just to keep stuff from sliding into the reels. You should be able to come up with some efficient storage racks to hold your 3700s on each side of the rods.
    How about a larger picture showing exactly what is forward of this area. Looks like gobs of storage.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

Quote Originally Posted by joe3buck3 View Post
    I assume your rods will lay under the covered portion extending forward. If so I believe I'd erect a small barrier on each side of the opening just to keep stuff from sliding into the reels. You should be able to come up with some efficient storage racks to hold your 3700s on each side of the rods.
    How about a larger picture showing exactly what is forward of this area. Looks like gobs of storage.
    Yea your right, I’ll be putting dividers in. There is a hatch on each side of the rod locker carpet hatch.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Perhaps you wouldnt have to put a full partition in just a partial hieght one maybe? Not sure if that would have much benefit or not other than saving a little weight.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Perhaps you wouldnt have to put a full partition in just a partial hieght one maybe? Not sure if that would have much benefit or not other than saving a little weight.
    That’s a great idea. I was just amazed at the room, without the dividers. The original front wall on the lockers, with the dividers would not work. Since I raised the front deck a 1-1/2”. The only part of the front deck being used is the rod locker lid.

I have been careful to watch the weight. And so for I have added 14 lbs. But I have a metal TM foot tray. That will put me up to 17.
    Not bad at all considering how much more bracing is actually in the boat, and the heavier weight carpet.

The fuel tank even though it is metal is actually lighter than the big plastic one that came out. All the hatches are lighter than the ones that were on the boat. The metal flooring came out to be within 2 pounds of the wooden floors. The metal seat pan put a big dent into my weight. It really wasn’t needed. I never really liked the way the bracing was in between the seats. I think I’ll be somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 extra, (maybe a little over) pounds when I’m done.
    Last edited by gatorglenn; 08-08-2018 at 12:49 AM.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

6. Member
    check out the pictures in the mod forum of my rod locker. I think mine is completely open but I use bungees on the sides and can go 3 deep on the boxes on both sides. works really good and I can still get a ton of rods in there if I'm using rod socks of some sort.

7. Member
    May want to add something to keep those 3700's from flying around. Would hate to have an expensive rod broke because of such a thing. Looks great. My offer is open for another winter project of redoing my carpet. LOL

8. Member
    Maybe you could frame it with aluminium angle leaving it mostly open but just small enough that a 3700 can not pass through?
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

Great ideas guys. I think I will put the walls in half way up. That way the rods will be protected and I can put something long , cross ways on top. Like a ski board, for when my grandsons are tired of fishing.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

O know I have a use for this thing.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

I think that will be very good. You get the best of both worlds that way. Are you gonna put gas shocks on your lids too glenn?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I think that will be very good. You get the best of both worlds that way. Are you gonna put gas shocks on your lids too glenn?
    I will on the one in the pic. The other 4 is the TH marin hatches. The 2 big ones might get them. If I can work around the seal lips

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

13. Member
    A tip I stole from here I think. Been using this exact one forever. Go see what OfficeMax has.
    https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...-Compartments/

Pop

Quote Originally Posted by mha View Post
    A tip I stole from here I think. Been using this exact one forever. Go see what OfficeMax has.
    https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...-Compartments/
    Thanks that’s a great idea.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    I will on the one in the pic. The other 4 is the TH marin hatches. The 2 big ones might get them. If I can work around the seal lips
    That is one thing i wish mine had just never seemed to get around to doing it. The gas lid supports are so nice. I have the old school spring prop up style. They work fine til you bump them and they fall on your head.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

That is one thing i wish mine had just never seemed to get around to doing it. The gas lid supports are so nice. I have the old school spring prop up style. They work fine til you bump them and they fall on your head.
    Lol, if my head is in the locker. And my wife is on the TM. She can’t resist, and stomp the paddle. And I get the *wack* on the head. But it’s ok. She is quick to want to find a quiet little cove to make it up to me.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Lol, if my head is in the locker. And my wife is on the TM. She can’t resist, and stomp the paddle. And I get the *wack* on the head. But it’s ok. She is quick to want to find a quiet little cove to make it up to me.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

18. Member
    Thanks that’s a great idea.
    These might work also?
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Orga...ge-OFMUBR.html

Quote Originally Posted by javjoe View Post
    Sorry, for some reason I can pull that link up. But thanks.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.