Thread: The Leash

BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

The Leash

Got a great discount going on until the end of the month on the motor leash, PM me for code or info

get them here
    http://www.drew-tek.com/parts/product/the-leash/

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 08-07-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    Drew ,Does this attach to the motor mounts or the jack plate and do you need to drill anything
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crankbaitpete View Post
    Drew ,Does this attach to the motor mounts or the jack plate and do you need to drill anything
    it depends on the engine / jackplate combo. each one is made up to fit you specific application and on most installations no drilling is required
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Never heard of it and had to go through several videos before anyone said what this was used for. Interesting, but I've also never heard of a motor flying up and over into the boat?! Sure I've heard/seen horror stories of hitting something submerged, and lower units torn off, but never a motor flipping up into the boat. Has this been a problem in the past? Just wondering.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bqtoot View Post
    Never heard of it and had to go through several videos before anyone said what this was used for. Interesting, but I've also never heard of a motor flying up and over into the boat?! Sure I've heard/seen horror stories of hitting something submerged, and lower units torn off, but never a motor flipping up into the boat. Has this been a problem in the past? Just wondering.
    The guy involved in this one is a customer at the shop I work at, as well as our local outdoor writer.

http://www.propellersafety.com/10017...-lake-alabama/

Happened to a friend of mine 3 years ago....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    We maintain a separate list of large outboards flipping into boats in recent years at:
    http://www.propellersafety.com/wordp...flipped-in.pdf
    gary

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images
    info@drewcraft.com