Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Well damn, no wonder they have no desire to build some 198’s. Who wants to sell a cheap ass bass boat when you can pull the huge profits those must pull in.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Well damn, no wonder they have no desire to build some 198’s. Who wants to sell a cheap ass bass boat when you can pull the huge profits those must pull in.
    Exactly! I think they have a 6 month back-log.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Let’s see sell $50,000 boats at 25 percent profit or $200,000 toons at 25 percent profit.Iam not a economic wizard but I do know which one I would be more concerned with.

4. Member
    4 times the profit and 4 times the likelyhood of the owner bitchin!

5. Banned
    They keep splashing and those that be will have to separate the two. I mean how many hulls can one shop maintain?

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    It’s 3 different plants use to have all family craft there also they made the big charger run abouts.
    Theres a new building once you enter to the left we’re the office is for all the boats.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 08-14-2018 at 07:28 PM.

7. Member
    Maybe if charger would update the 6 series we would see them at dealers meetings. Right now there is several new 6 series boats for sale that are a couple years old. Theses dealers can not sell them.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerbass02 View Post
    Maybe if charger would update the 6 series we would see them at dealers meetings. Right now there is several new 6 series boats for sale that are a couple years old. Theses dealers can not sell them.
    Not questioning what you wrote, but can you name a dealership that has them? I’d like to look at what some are saying is outdated on them.

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I called them about the 496 last year. And was close to taking a drive. That boat isn't selling because of the package they put together not because of the boat. I am by no means knocking it, but when they put a Honda motor and raymarine electronics on that boat they eliminated 90% of all buyers. The lack of public awareness of the Charger bass boat isn't helping either. The 396 is rigged the same way. Those 2 boats will have to be discounted enough that somebody is willing to take a chance because the value of the overall deal is enough to over look the unique options. They are getting close, but not there yet. IMO, the 496 will need to touch the 49's and the 396 - 45's before they have a chance. And they'll probably sell it at that now, but people want to see it listed for that before starting the process.

11. Member
    I agree Barbarian. Plus the 496 has the tan carpet which is a bear to keep clean.

12. Banned
    Wow, good price. The colors are a bit different and I don’t particularly love the way they mere the colors on the topcap. Surprised they don’t put in recessed tm trays.

13. Member

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post

ok, I’m not in love with them.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The boats sell but they will not sell with a Honda or the cheap fish finders . Guys want a Yamaha or Merc period.The other thing I see is the colors dealers pic, you have to stay neutral.Black is a another bad choice for a stock boat .The 396 is a very big 19 foot boat (same size as a 496)that needs a strong 225 on it to make it run.I would option a 200 sho and have it flashed it would be a 80 mph boat easy.I know they will stick a 225 Ho on it and the price wasn’t to bad.
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 08-16-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Looked at the 496 on the website; wonder how they wired up a 26volt trolling motor.
    Let's just say they need someone else at that dealer to pick out colors!!
    Charger 210 Elite

17. Member
    I really like the 496 with the honda. I think it is a steal at $49k. There is a red and white 396 in Kentucky for $42k with 225 of your choice. All of these boats are 2016 models.

18. Member
    Even at 49, add some 10” graphs and shallow anchors and your back in high 50’s for a 2016. That will be considered 2 years old the next day. You can buy brand new Phoenix, skeeter, basscat 20’ with 8-9” electronics and power poles for mid 50’s now and they’ll be 2018 model and you pick colors.

19. Member
    Why is the HONDA 250 a bad motor choice?

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    You would have to ask the Merc and Yamaha guys.Pontoons off shore boats you see them everywhere Bass boats not so many.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast