New prop: 22” Solas L4 Pro, 15x22 on a Skeeter ZX200 Yamaha SHO200

I've just swapped out my prop on my Skeeter ZX200 SHO200 and installed a 22” Solas L4 Pro (9577-150-22), 15x22 prop. I had a SHO VMAX 25P T1 on it before and it was a little sluggish coming out of the hole with new gear installed on the back (Atlas hydro jack plate and twin Power Poles). Plus we suddenly had mad porpoising with the boat with the new rear weight added. Didn't before the new gear install. No amount of down or up trim, nor hydro jack plate up or down, would rid ourselves of the porpoising. We routinely cruise at 20-30 mph on our 1500 acre lake, so just driving through it isn't an option.

Initially we installed a Chris Bailey Foil and that totally got rid of the porpoising and helped with holeshot with very little bow-rise. But I wanted more! I read the new ZX200 and Yamaha SHO200 comes with a T2 23p prop. Those are back ordered, so I took a chance on a 4 blade Solas L4 Pro 22" pitch, 15" diameter prop off the BBC classifieds here. Figured it'd be fun to feel the differences. As it turns out, the prop works well. We didn't lose any top end, but man the holeshot improved even more and the bow-rise is virtually gone now. It's quite impressive I must say. I understand the Solas L4 Pro is a slightly updated design versus the regular Solas 4 blade prop. Trim angle really moves the bow up or down - the prop has a lot more lift it seems. All-in-all I think it's a move in the right direction for us on this boat on this lake.

I may sell that T1 25p SHO prop now and keep my eyes open for a spare 23p T2.

2. Member
    what are your RPM's and top speed with that prop?

2013 ZX200
    Yamaha 200 SHO

3. Member
    64mph @ 5900 rpm, 4" on the Atlas jack plate, 96deg temp and HUMID! I ran out of lake so didn't keep it there very long (we don't have a real long lake to work with). Might have climbed a mph or two more perhaps. I also didn't try any higher on the Atlas plate like I should have. My hull is a 2009 ZX200, so not sure how that compares to your 2013 ZX200. Plus my SHO motor is brand new, just past 6 hours.