Maybe buying a Blazer

Hi, would like an honest review of Blazer Boats, quality of workmanship, customer service etc. I am currently in a Bass Cat, how do the two compare?

Thanks

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Honestly, the fit and finish will not be equal to the Bass Cat but its not bad. Customer service, since Bass Cat has bigger money behind them, it gives them the ability to have more people employed to help. That being said, Blazer builds a great boat. I've owned more Blazers than anyone on this board and I own a Bass Cat now, basically because it fits in my garage.

4. Member
    I have been in some of both. What models are you looking at to buy? The 625 is wider and has a better ride than the Puma or Cougar imo. But I have not been in the Lynx..

5. Member
    I love my blazer so far but you can’t compare 100k rangers to a 57k- 60k blazer, and at 60k the blazer is LOADED and at that price point they match up really well to their competitors..only real difference that sticks out on my 625 is I have old school toggle switches vs the fancy digital or keypad stuff on some other rigs..I like the old school toggle tho, easy to fix and cheap to replace. blazer does have a full glass console vs the plastic cap a lot of manufacturers are going to now..In my opinion this is more of a Chevy-dodge debate.. all the builders are making fine rigs these days, so it just comes Down to what you want and what you like..there is alot of bang for you buck with a blazer tho..
    Last edited by Pinkus; 08-07-2018 at 09:29 PM.

2018 blazer 625 Pro Elite
    2018 mercury 250 pro xs
    helix 12, helix 9
    ultrex 112, dual blades.

I had a 2010 Pro V 190 single console. I did not find any fault with it, other than the ride in rough water was not real impressive. Quality is OK, but not equal to a BassCat. The BassCat is a better ride, even in the Sabre model. The biggest difference is in places like the bilge and other areas you can't see. Overall, the Blazer is a good boat and is nothing to be concerned about. I've never been in other model Blazers, so it unfair to me to compare anything but the 190 I owned. They are fast, if you learn to drive it. Mine had a 175 Vmax HPDI with a Trophy Plus and would run 69mph.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raylovefishing View Post
    Hi, would like an honest review of Blazer Boats, quality of workmanship, customer service etc. I am currently in a Bass Cat, how do the two compare?

Thanks
    What model Blazer are you looking at buying?
    Last edited by Sports1; 08-17-2018 at 04:36 PM.

8. Member
    I am a current basscat owner and have been for 18 years. I think bass cat builds the highest quality bass boat on the market. I have also been a blazer fan for many years. The 625 is on my short list of maybe 4 or 5 hulls that I would own. They build a strong hull and you really never hear of any issues with hull/transom integrity. Now, what I have seen is that 5 plus years down the road is where the quality difference starts to show. Carpet is the first thing you'll notice. Just no comparison in quality and installation. Trailer would likely be next. Again, no comparison to bass cat quality. It's the little things and I am a fit and finish guy. The difference in price looks bad on initial purchase but at resale or if you keep the boat long term you will slowly, over time see where the cost was saved. You should try to find a couple of 2010 625's to see how they are holding up. You may be impressed, or you may decide that the bass cat quality is worth the difference. Tough call. Please don't view this as a negative post. Again, I would own a blazer but you asked for honest feedback.

That at being said, the 625 is one heck of a good running, good looking, really good fishing platform!! Total performance wise, the 625 is pretty spectacular! They really are one of my favorite hulls. I love my bass cat eyra but if I wasn't able to purchase it I would give the 625 a serious look.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

9. Member

10. Member
    I came out of a Puma FTD into my Blazer 625 - happy to talk and give you a lot of insight as to my experience. Thank you
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

11. Member
    sir what prop are you running on verado

12. Member
    cmg - LONG story as ran a lot of different ones and another coming this week. If want to go over I can explain via phone. Ultimately all about how heavy you run and hole shot vs top speed. If I had to run one prop all the time on it....27.5 Bravo I think.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.