Tidal James Conditions

Thinking of taking the kids fishing at the James this Friday. Probably fish some of the creeks around the Jordan Point area (Herring, Queens, etc.). Anyone know if all the rain in Lynchburg last week messed up the river? I would assume the creeks with grass stay pretty clean but am worried about lots of floaters in the main river since I will have the kids with me. Thank, Gabe.

2. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vascott View Post
    Thinking of taking the kids fishing at the James this Friday. Probably fish some of the creeks around the Jordan Point area (Herring, Queens, etc.). Anyone know if all the rain in Lynchburg last week messed up the river? I would assume the creeks with grass stay pretty clean but am worried about lots of floaters in the main river since I will have the kids with me. Thank, Gabe.
    River is chocolate milk in richmond right now. It may clear up by then if we dont get any more heavy rains but i wouldn't count on it.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

3. Member
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads up. I don't mind the mud as much as I mind the floating debris.

4. Member
    It's the debris under water surface you have to worry about. Especially when navigating on the James where the Appomattox dumps into. South at that point to the Benjamin Harrison Bridge.