Viking pop up electric brakes help please

Just purchased 2002 viking 2480st pop up. This is our 1st camper and have been double checking everything before we take off on our 1st trip. The camper has electric drum brakes so I purchased a Teconsha P2 controller with plug in wiring harness to install on my 2004 silverado 1500. Upon testing the brakes last night ( hooked camper up and eased forward with gain up to 13 and pulling manual switch on the controller ) the brakes on the camper did not seem to work. I could hear what sounded like the magnets clicking hitting the drums but no resistance. Where should I start? Controller, shoes, wiring?
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS

2. Banned
    I would just replace the electric brakes on the trailer with self adjusting brakes. Complete brake kits and needed new bearings are relatively inexpensive.

I personally would have run a popup without brakes as they are relatively lightweight. But you may as well now complete what you have started.

3. Member
    Just an update and some closure...... Found the problem. Wiring at the axles where it tees off had been replaced. The guy that owned the camper before me made poor connections and one of them had come apart. After making the right connections everything works as it should.
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS