Thumbs Up Echomap Plus 93SV + Transducer Questions!

Just installed the 93SV on my boat. Pictures of down, side and sonar are awesome when running under 8ish MPH. When I'm up on plane, or even semi fast, the sonar, and keeping the bottom is nonexistent. In the past with my Humminbird, I could use a Y adapter, and have a ducer epoxied inside the hull. Do we have that option with these units or is there a fix for us to at least have a reading of the bottom when running faster?

Thank you!
    Andrew in KC

2017 Nitro Z17 - 115 Mercury Four Stroke Command Thrust

Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV UHD at Console / 2 Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV at Bow with Livescope

Heart Transplant Recipient - March 30, 2017! God bless my donor, and donor family!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    There is a splitter cable but would need to install a bilge or skimmer ducer. Or get the combo package of imaging/sonar ducer w/splitter cable.

Splitter cable: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/536977

Combo ducer package: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/614252

All transducers: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cOnT...ducers-p1.html
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I came over from humminbird with the through hull and skimmer combo to a 93sv plus. The 93 plus came with a combo transducer. I mounted it right where the humminbird skimmer was. Same issue as you about 10 mph I lost bottom. Considered going to the dual transducer setup but decided to move the skimmer closer to the hull bottom where Garmin suggested. Problem solved. Location location. If you’re comfortable with the location, Garmin does offer a package deal on the transducers you will need.
    Garmin 7612, 7610, Echo Map 93sv Plus
    2015 Ranger 621VS
    Mercury 300 Verado
    Terrova

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    There is a splitter cable but would need to install a bilge or skimmer ducer. Or get the combo package of imaging/sonar ducer w/splitter cable.

Splitter cable: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/536977

Combo ducer package: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/614252

All transducers: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cOnT...ducers-p1.html
    So if I already have the GT52-HW transducer, can I just get the GT8-HW with the split cable?
    Andrew in KC

Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV UHD at Console / 2 Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV at Bow with Livescope

Heart Transplant Recipient - March 30, 2017! God bless my donor, and donor family!

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I do believe, just have to tell the unit where to get the sonar and imaging from.....

Confirm what i just said with Garmin or see if one of the Garmin guys on here will say if im right or wrong.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1275 View Post
    So if I already have the GT52-HW transducer, can I just get the GT8-HW with the split cable?
    No. The split cable, also called Y cable only works in combination with the GT30 transducer. There are several options as to which 2d trascucer can be used in the split but only one choice as which side/down transducer can be used. Well, come to think of it, maybe two. The new UHD can probably be split. Best way to tell is look in your unit. Pull up the Traditional View. Then Menu-Sonar Setup-Installation-Transducer Selection. Change it from Auto to manual and then look through the list of transducer options. Those are the only options you have. Don't select anything. Put it back to Auto when you are done looking.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beegle View Post
    I came over from humminbird with the through hull and skimmer combo to a 93sv plus. The 93 plus came with a combo transducer. I mounted it right where the humminbird skimmer was. Same issue as you about 10 mph I lost bottom. Considered going to the dual transducer setup but decided to move the skimmer closer to the hull bottom where Garmin suggested. Problem solved. Location location. If you’re comfortable with the location, Garmin does offer a package deal on the transducers you will need.
    Beegle...

What do you mean move it closer to the bottom? I have it mounted even with the bottom of the upper tier of the transom. There is no room closer to the bottom on the lowest tier of the transom. Can you please text me a pic? 913-205-4500. Thank you.
    Andrew in KC

8. Member
    I’m going to be at the boat on 8/8. I’ll take a picture and send it it you.
    Garmin 7612, 7610, Echo Map 93sv Plus
    2015 Ranger 621VS
    Mercury 300 Verado
    Terrova

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    No. The split cable, also called Y cable only works in combination with the GT30 transducer. There are several options as to which 2d trascucer can be used in the split but only one choice as which side/down transducer can be used. Well, come to think of it, maybe two. The new UHD can probably be split. Best way to tell is look in your unit. Pull up the Traditional View. Then Menu-Sonar Setup-Installation-Transducer Selection. Change it from Auto to manual and then look through the list of transducer options. Those are the only options you have. Don't select anything. Put it back to Auto when you are done looking.
    Is the GT 30 a good transducer for side and down imaging. Is it as good as the 52 that I already have.
    Andrew in KC

10. Member
    Is the GT 30 a good transducer for side and down imaging. Is it as good as the 52 that I already have.
    Can of worms question. People vary in their opinions. IMO the GT50 is the best but it cannot be used with the Y cable. GT30 would be next. Both slightly better than the GT52. The GT52 is promoted as kind of the best-all-around all purpose combo transducer. I don't have a problem with that. But if you want to split hairs, and I do, the GT15 Y-cable with the GT30 comes out on top. Of course the UHD is head and shoulders above the rest in shallow water.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Joe4d
    thanks to lots of help with Lwinchester and Bassboatelctronics,,, I got 2 93 plus,,, Transducers ? Boat comes factory with the glued in 8 in hull,, These guys hooked me up with the 30 instead of paying for a 52 I didnt need,
    So for me ?
    93+ in dash factory glue in 8 in hull ,,, GT30 on transom , Bow another 93+ with a livescope forward on TM,,, networked to the transome for 2d if I want it. Probably wont.

I have the GT30 on the jackplate and the down/side imaging is awesome. I did get the combo transducer when I ordered the 93 + but chose the GT 8IH not realizing the 15 had the screw in option versus the glue it. I haven't mounted it yet b/c i didn't want another one glued to the hull but have to do it so I can read depth on plane.

13. Member
    I noticed the 30 does not have CHIRP. Will I be missing much if I go to this split solution?
    Andrew in KC

14. Member
    I noticed the 30 does not have CHIRP. Will I be missing much if I go to this split solution?
    You won't miss a thing. The GT30 does chirp on side and down but it has no 2d element at all. Connected to your Y cable would be another transducer, like GT8 or GT15. Both of these are 2d chirp. So you end up with 2d, side and down, all using chirp.