Vessel view mobile options

I have the BT module installed and have been using the app on my Iphone for a while. I am looking to mount a tablet dedicated to the app to replace my analog gauges. What is everyone using for this? Android or iOS? Also how are you guys mounting it, keeping it charges and keeping them from getting wet? I might end up networking the lowrance unit to the tablet over wireless. Does anyone have this setup. Pics would be awesome.

Thanks
    Greg

2. Member
    Something to think about:

Smallest/Cheapest iPad on the Planet is $329.
    Then you are going to need a Waterproof case ($100).
    Then you will need to buy a dedicated Charging Cable and 12V Adapter (Both Not Marine Rated, I am sure and plugging them in will rendering your WaterProof Case not WaterProof).
    Then, you are going to be sorely disappointed because the iPad is hard to see in the sun...(I had one of my Lowrance Units in the shop, and used my iPad at the bow one day...never again..)

Maybe there is an Android Tablet that would be brighter, guessing the same $$. Not sure...

Might want to look at adding a MercMonitor, VesselView Link + Lowrance HDS Display, or deidcated VesselView Instrument.
    Don can help w/ the parts choices (and prices).
    Guessing Cheapest option is the MercMonitor, unless you already have a Lowrance HDS Gen 3 or Carbon, then its just the VesselView Link...

If I was starting from scratch, I would likely replace my SC-1000/SC-100 gauge cluster w/ a Lowrance HDS-7 and the VV Link...probably about the same $$, more function. That Said, I do like the dedicated SC-1000 SmartCraft Gauges...they always work, and don't require any boot up time.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

3. Member
    Just get the cheapest and brightest android tablet, pda phone out there,
    I bought a samsung tablet from costco (mistake), then I bought a Moto unlocked on sale from walmart for $49, I am going to use that for my display. I just put mine in a ziplock bag
    Shibs
    Crestliner 1700 with 90 hp 4S (2016)
    Avid spoonplugger and student of Buck Perry.
    Fish out of Muskegon Lake, MI

Onix 10 SI