Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone with a Leash installed.

Would someone be willing to snap a pic and send it to me of the way their Leash is installed? I bought one from a friend of mine, and I sent The Leash a message but they never responded.

its going on a 07 Merc 225 Pro xs with a Detwiler/Seastar Hydro Jack plate. If you have something similar to this setup, could you please snap a pic of the installed bolts? I just want to know if I need to drill holes or to use which bolt.

Thanks in advance.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

Following
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

3. Member
    Following as well. I will add a question to Facemelter's......Has there been an instance of a motor actually becoming airborne and striking a driver or occupant? This seems very unlikely. Has there been an instance of a motor leash preventing such an accident?

4. Member
    I know a guy here on Sam Rayburn that had his 250 horse knocked off and it landed on the back deck held on by all the cables etc.

He hit some concrete that was submerged while he was coming out to the big part of the lake.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

5. Member

Transducer Shield Mount
    Trick Step

6. Member
    Yeah, those pics look like that were taken with a potato.

I watched the video they have posted on the website of how to install. They offer some type of L bracket that bolts right to the top motor bolts. I sent them a message about buying those brackets, NADA. But me asking about buying one and how much and how long the wait is, they were quick to respond.

07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

7. Member
    We have always had a rope tied around our outboards in case the bracket broke but then again we are talking about 9.8-20 hp engines!

Transducer Shield Mount
    Trick Step

8. Member
    Seems like there is a rep from The Leash here on the forums.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=923362

Transducer Shield Mount
    Trick Step

9. Member
    I have one installed on my boat. putting pics on here are hit and miss for me pm me a number and I can text you some pics

10. Member
    I put one on my Ranger. Drilled hole in the Bob's Jack plate. It helps to have two people so one can hold the two ends of the leash while another person trims the motor up and runs the jack plate up and down so you can get the leash set right where it won't bind and there will be no loss of functions.

11. Member

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDozer66 View Post
    Seems like there is a rep from The Leash here on the forums.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=923362

yes That would be me, Im a dealer for the Leash Product.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    yes That would be me, Im a dealer for the Leash Product.

I've messaged "theleash" on FB and here. No response from either. Its disheartening that when I reach out to them, they offer no help and not even a pound salt. I looked at the video they posted on the page and they used some type of small bracket to bolt it to the motor mounts. I asked to buy those too, no response.

bbecnel Helped a lot. Thank you.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Im a new dealer for the Leash and not aware of any customer service issues they may have had but as a BBC sponsor and a dealer of that product I will be happy to look into this for you.
    feel free to message me or email me andy@drew-tek.com
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    So.

DREWTICK came through and helped me out along with pics from bbecnel.

After an email directly with Corey from "The Leash" , I have yet to get any type of response from them. All I want is to buy the damn brackets to mount to the engine bolts. It would make my install way easier than trying to mess with drilling holes and looking for a way to route it.

As far as I am concerned, it is unprofessional and unacceptable to not respond to 3 types of communication. One FB message, one message on here, and one email to Corey. And this is after he was notified that I was wanting to chat with him.

Now, before the stirring gets started. I prefer email, it gives them time to get the needed info together to answer my question appropriately, instead of me calling and putting them on the spot, or me getting put on hold or shuffled around from person to person. At this point, I feel as though he could care less about my questions or concerns. I guess avoidance is key.

Appreciate the help everyone.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AggieBass View Post
    Following as well. I will add a question to Facemelter's......Has there been an instance of a motor actually becoming airborne and striking a driver or occupant? This seems very unlikely. Has there been an instance of a motor leash preventing such an accident?
    Yes several on Ky lake, I know of one fatality and another with broken back when engine landed on driver, would the restraint have worked? Can’t answer that.

17. Member
    Hello Andy, I apologize for what seems like a lack of care and communication. I was alerted to your questions this past week by Andy Council (Drewtick). I have not logged on to BBC or Facebook in several weeks and until today had not seen your requests for information regarding our product here on BBC or Facebook. After being alerted by Drewtick I emailed you last week and you responded the next day and I apologize for not getting back with you sooner. The 1st generation product you purchased from your friend will not fit your motor properly with our second generation mounting brackets (different length main tether). If you would call me tomorrow at 502.287.3614 I will get you headed in the right direction. Again I am sorry for the delayed communication, Corey

18. Member
    I have the leash on my Ranger Z21 with an Atlas jackplate. I won't be with my boat until this weekend but I'm happy to take tons of photos if it would still help. I too only check facebook maybe once a month at most. My wife and I share an account and it's just not even on my radar.

19. Member
    I like the concept, but where is the independent testing data. Has there been testing at all performed on the product? If not why not? Let’s see some testing to back up the products ability to protect. I copied this off the installation link posted earlier.
    image uploading
    Last edited by WjColdWater; 08-30-2018 at 08:35 PM.

20. Member
    Looks like a smart warning to me. Of course they don't want to assume liability. Would you?
    I don't expect any promises or guarantees when I'm going 70mph in a boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast