2019 Ranger RT Photos on Website

Some changes I noticed:

- Couple of new colors...if they would put the green accents on the white boat, that would look awesome.

- Looks like they're now painting the bottoms of the boats....maybe that's to sell more touch up paint... lol

- Redesigned console....I like the other console a lot better, just my opinion

- Seats are different.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

Nothing against em at all but those seats scream Triton.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Nothing against em at all but those seats scream Triton.
    Why yes they do.

Nice looking rigs. Those colors are sharp and the 198 on the tandem trailer is a sharp looking rig. Noticed the 198 had dual poles and a jack plate in the gallery. I just browsed through didnt read alot of details. I personally like the console better its edgy looking although the switches behind the wheel doesnt look handy maybe different in person. Nee console will accomidate big graphs which alot of folks want. Wish they did nicer gauges tho those faria black faces dont pop much to me for such a nice rig.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

They posted a press release today. I got it via e-mail. Here's a link to it on their website.

https://www.rangerboats.com/articles...rt-series.html

There's some pics on the site too. Looks like new console that allows for larger graphs and painted hull bottoms along with some other changes.

6. Member
    But did anyone notice the dual power poles...
    2018 Ranger rt198p
    Evinrude E-TEC G2 150
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80
    Lowrance Elite Ti 12” - bow
    Lowrance Elite Ti2 12” - console

7. Member
    Sounds like the new console design is raised a little to increase knee room, wonder if it actually deflects air any better too? Nice tweaks, got to think the Vexus boats have made them raise the bar a little.

8. Member
    They are sharp looking for sure!! Anybody have any idea what structural changes they made to accommodate two poles if any???

9. Member
    Take a look at the larger rear compartments ��
    Troy

2017 Ranger RT188 ( Dark Charcoal )
    Mercury Pro XS 115 4 stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex w/link 45" 80lb
    Hydraulic Steering
    4" Set Jack Plate
    Laser II 20p
    Mercury Vessel View
    Humminbird Helix 10si on console w/BBT mount
    Helix 10di on bow w/Ram mount
    Deck Step
    Trailer Ratchet Straps
    Boarding Ladder
    Auto Bilge
    Livewell Recirc. w/ pump out

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The competition is good for everyone, nice to see some tweaks after several years of status quo. The dual Power Poles are very interesting. Seeing a boat with a single pole just isn't right.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

11. Member
    I prefer the bottom not painted. I haven't cleaned the bottom of my RT since I got it right at two years ago LOL. I wipe down the painted surfaces almost every time I take it out of the water. I'd be worried I'd scratch the painted bottom. One reason I bought aluminum is so I could take it in places I didn't want to take my glass boats. To each their own on that. The larger rear storage would be nice for partners, but the guys I take seem to bring a damn suitcase. I just have them slide it under the console. One guys is so big I leave it on the back deck. It's so heavy it's not going anywhere. If it's rough we strap it to the back seat pole. The console is no big deal either way. I could care less about paying for a HDS12. I've had one with a HDS7 in the dash on my last Cat, didn't catch one more fish. Another to each their own. Don't gripe about the price increase!

I'd have to sit in the seats and see how comfortable they are and the quality of the material. The material on my 2017 was better than most of the competition when I was shopping and they are for sure comfortable for an aluminum boat. I bought it to use, not to look at.

Of course knowing I could mount up two PP if I wanted without worrying about my warranty would be a HUGE plus.

I've fished shallow water using poles AND spot lock. They both have their place.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggs247 View Post
    They are sharp looking for sure!! Anybody have any idea what structural changes they made to accommodate two poles if any???
    I was wondering the same... You could only hope nothing and they actually determined two poles are ok...

13. Member
    I like the new consoles. I also noticed the middle of the livewell has bumpouts to make removing the divider easy. It takes some serious effort to get the divider out in mine.

Its interesting that they eliminated the silver color.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    I like the new consoles. I also noticed the middle of the livewell has bumpouts to make removing the divider easy. It takes some serious effort to get the divider out in mine.

Its interesting that they eliminated the silver color.
    I guess that makes my silver model all the more unusual. Actually I think the silver looks a bit "downscale" compared to some of the new colors being brought out by Ranger and Vexus but I chose it because a scratch in the paint doesn't show - it's silver underneath. The larger rear compartments are nice.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

I think console is better than the previous version which I always thought looked somewhat unfished and thrown together. Some might prefer that the step up to the back deck be a little lower to make that easier. I think I would. One thing is these boats are all deck for sure. I got in one last year at a dealer when I set in the passenger seat I really didn’t know where to put my legs.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I wonder if that console design actually does anything to block the wind and rain...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoo View Post
    I wonder if that console design actually does anything to block the wind and rain...
    I doubt it . That’s one thing I really miss from my old Xpress boat . Sitting straight up in the drivers seat and the top of the windshield was right at eye level . That thing was perfect .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow