Banned

Conquest question

What would be better for weightless stick worms and 1/4 oz swim jigs? 842 or 843

2. Member
    Not sure on the conquest line but I have rods built on a custom MBR 842 and 843 blanks. I feel you would be best off with the 843. Add a trailer to the swimjig and you will be around or just barely under a 1/2 oz. Most senko style baits are around 3/8 oz give or take with a hook. Add in cover like weeds or lay downs or anything else and the 843 is likely going to be more suited to want you want.

I use my 842 for jerkbaits and small poppers and it is great for that. It could also do small cranks and swimjigs in open water or sparse cover.

While Conquests will have different materials the ratings for the rods, lure weights are pretty similar. Just my $.02

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Not sure on the conquest line but I have rods built on a custom MBR 842 and 843 blanks. I feel you would be best off with the 843. Add a trailer to the swimjig and you will be around or just barely under a 1/2 oz. Most senko style baits are around 3/8 oz give or take with a hook. Add in cover like weeds or lay downs or anything else and the 843 is likely going to be more suited to want you want.

I use my 842 for jerkbaits and small poppers and it is great for that. It could also do small cranks and swimjigs in open water or sparse cover.

While Conquests will have different materials the ratings for the rods, lure weights are pretty similar. Just my $.02
    What I was thinkin Kicker. Thanks!

4. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    1/4 to 3/8 oz swimjigs I recommend the 843 as kicker mentioned above.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post
    1/4 to 3/8 oz swimjigs I recommend the 843 as kicker mentioned above.
    Thanks hunter. Got the opportunity to get one half price

" Serious Service for the Serious Angler"