Thread: Tims Ford

Tims Ford

OK guys, I am headed up to Tims Ford this weekend with the better half for a little weekend getaway. Does anyone have any tips or tricks or honey holes they are willing to part with. I really do not care what is biting or how to catch them, just want to have a little fun. My dad and i used to go there when I was a kid and catch those big rock fish on top water around rip rap but that was 30 years ago and I have no idea where to even start. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    Can't help with the rock fish, but if you want to go after some smallmouth, go at night as the daylight is a waste of time.

3. Banned
    My father got Rockfish crazy after retiring--but on Percy Priest Lake. He would cast a huge wooden bait with treble hooks starting about 4:00 am off the dam. The fish would usually spit out the lure.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Can't help with the rock fish, but if you want to go after some smallmouth, go at night as the daylight is a waste of time.
    +1 on this. I like the banks around the entrance to Lost Creek using a grub with a slow roll or a tube working the ledges
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

5. Member
    Thanks guys, i do not know the lake at all but I do remember it is pretty deep and should be ok to run at night. I would just like to get something tugging on the the other end of the line.

6. Member
    Go to www.fishingtn.com and post your question.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    +1 on this. I like the banks around the entrance to Lost Creek using a grub with a slow roll or a tube working the ledges
    Sounds really simple, but over the years I have had success with a Zoom, single tail, june bug grub on a lead head jig fished really SLOWWWWW.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Sounds really simple, but over the years I have had success with a Zoom, single tail, june bug grub on a lead head jig fished really SLOWWWWW.
    Pretty much the way I learned to fish for smallmouth. I never hit the water without a tube and grub. Tims is also very good in winter with a float n fly.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

9. Member
    Thanks guys, I will be out giving it a rip this weekend.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chass75 View Post
    Thanks guys, I will be out giving it a rip this weekend.
    its a shame i havent been on that lake all year and i live 10 minutes form it LOL, ill see if i can find out something tonight at our pot luck tourny.
    and where you staying at?

11. Member
    Been tough for sure,4 people said not to waste time unless you go after 9pm. the stripe should be up in alot of places 1st hard right going up river they come up there alot in the afternoon and mornings, right past devil step going down the bank to the right they come up there alot of times too. pull back off that bluff point and look for a hump jigging spoon i have caught some big smallies there in the past.

12. Member
    Holiday landing, I have no idea how far that is away form anything as I haven't been on that lake in 25 years...lol