Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    The only difference between a dual or single console 2+2 is which cover sets on the port side compartment. There’s a member on here that has both covers that allows him to switch between single or dual console on his 2+2.
    I plan to order another 2+2 later this year and I’ll try to talk Darris into building both even though I doubt I’ll ever configure it into a single console.

So what are the colors gonna be? We know you change boats faster than us mere mortals change lightbulbs...

2. Member
    I only use the underside rod storage for overnight storage. It is a little bit of a pain to just swap rod a lot in the storage but everything else about the boat is awesome. If just 2 people the rear seats can come out and provide tons of room for coolers and stuff if you do much beach sitting. I can text or email any pic you want, just pm me and we can hook up.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

Quote Originally Posted by atcje View Post
    I completely disagree with you Jay on the side rod storage, I have several 7 foot rods and one 8 foot rod in my side boxes in the tubes.
    I only attempted to put 1 7' pole in and broke the tip so I refused to try another lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Quote Originally Posted by Byubuk View Post
    Thanks again everyone. It looks like it will probably be a 2+2. I would love to see some pictures of your 2+2 boats so I can show the wife.

5. Member
    http://www.allisonboats.com/content/...ssport-2plus2/

I ordered the orange one back in ‘14.
    Wish I never would’ve sold it

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    So what are the colors gonna be? We know you change boats faster than us mere mortals change lightbulbs...
    I want to do 100% dark blue but the orange one made me smile every time I looked at it.

7. Member
    Orange one was sweet. I’d understand cloning that one...bench again?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    I only attempted to put 1 7' pole in and broke the tip so I refused to try another lol
    Perhaps he has the caps removed from the end of the tubes?
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Orange one was sweet. I’d understand cloning that one...bench again?
    I would never have the exact boat built again; Mike wouldn’t want to see that.
    We’ll do folding rear seats; we’d rather have the space to move around in the floor area.

10. Member
    No the Orange crush still live and breathes in Wilmington. She carries fish real well Steve

11. Member
    I would never have the exact boat built again; Mike wouldn’t want to see that.
    We’ll do folding rear seats; we’d rather have the space to move around in the floor area.
    Well your color choices have been 3 for 3 so keep it up. Us used buyers appreciate your eye

12. Member
    I bought the XB-21 BasSport Tournament 2+2 because I wanted a boat that I could tournament fish from as well as convert it to a family boat easily and this boat is amazing for that. 98% of the time it's in full tournament mode, but the 2% of the time when my family goes out is worth giving up deck space for me. I have zero complaints with my 2+2. If you fish more than you play, I would strongly consider a BasSport and if having family time on the water is something that will happen enough then the 2+2 can't be beat for best of both worlds.
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

13. Member
    The only difference between a dual or single console 2+2 is which cover sets on the port side compartment. There’s a member on here that has both covers that allows him to switch between single or dual console on his 2+2.
    I plan to order another 2+2 later this year and I’ll try to talk Darris into building both even though I doubt I’ll ever configure it into a single console.
    I had Bill make me a deck lid for my Bassport and it's a 10 minute conversion to swap the console and the deck lid out. I'll put the console on when I have my family in or when it's cold and I'm taking a buddy out. When it's tournament time I only have the deck lid on, my Co-Angler can freeze..LOL
    Mike Malinao

I have both the passenger console and the passenger deck extention but have yet to pull the console off at this point. Over 5 years I have said I was gonna try but never seem to remember to do it. Need to order a second hinge to make it much easier to convert.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    I have both the passenger console and the passenger deck extention but have yet to pull the console off at this point. Over 5 years I have said I was gonna try but never seem to remember to do it. Need to order a second hinge to make it much easier to convert.
    Mine came with an extra hinge and I don't use it. In order to line it up right I had to drill new holes in the existing hinge. It's such and easy swap now, I just take small vice grip and clamp a phillips head to it and use a wrench and it's off. If you fish a lot, the deck lid is AMAZING and makes a huge difference!
    Mike Malinao

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    I had Bill make me a deck lid for my Bassport and it's a 10 minute conversion to swap the console and the deck lid out. I'll put the console on when I have my family in or when it's cold and I'm taking a buddy out. When it's tournament time I only have the deck lid on, my Co-Angler can freeze..LOL
    Can you post a pic of your boat with the deck lid on.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    Can you post a pic of your boat with the deck lid on.

18. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I got the 2+2. I like it, no I love it. On the otherhand, knowing what I know now, I wished I had gotten the BasSport Pro traditional layout with the longer front deck.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    I got the 2+2. I like it, no I love it. On the otherhand, knowing what I know now, I wished I had gotten the BasSport Pro traditional layout with the longer front deck.
    Just noticed your an Allison and a Feelfree Yak owner. Me too. Best of the best for us both.

20. Member
    If you buy an xb21 it may be the last boat you buy.. just saying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast