Retiring to Alabama

After 22 years of active military services and another 20 years as a government civilian, I am retiring to the Logan Martin lake area in December. Just purchased a home in Pell City, AL. Can someone recommend a bass club in the area. Also doing one of my visits, I watched a Tuesday morning tournament weigh-in, do anyone have information on these tournaments. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. Dogfish_Jones
    We have a small but great Bass Club that centers around Logan Martin called Coosa River Bass Club. We fish once a month from February to November. There are two or three night tournaments on Logan Martin on Tuesday nights that are fun to fish in. Of course you have the North or South section from BBC here that fish a monthly tournament.
    The nice thing about living on Logan Martin (which I do myself) is you can fish the Coosa River chain and its lakes (Logan Martin, Neely Henry, Lay) with ease. Then you are only about an hour and half from Guntersville.
    Be forewarned..Logan Martin is a mad house on the weekend during the summer months. Fishing is next to impossible after 11AM until dark. I swear ever pontoon boat, ski boat, jet ski's and wake boat come to Logan Martin.
    But the nice thing is you can catch some mighty fine spirited spotted bass here. The largemouths are here but 80% of your catch will be spots.

3. Member
    Congratulations to you! Logan Martin is one of my favorite lakes. It's on the Coosa River, which is great and it has such a varied habitat you can fish shallow or deep, which ever you prefer. That is a nice area and will be a great place to retire to. Enjoy and thank you for your service.

If youre on Facebook check out "Logan Martin Bass Tournaments". They will post a good bit. Welcome to Alabama

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan