Explorer conversion van

Hey gang, thinking of one for my next vehicle. Anyone have one? Any opinions would be appreciated..
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    I assume you are talking about an E150 van and an Explorer conversion package. I always considered the Explorer brand package to be a mid line unit. I once had a LA West conversion can that was first class. The downfall was that it only got 14 mpg.

Such fans are no longer made, as Ford and other manufacturers have switched to van bodies from Europe mainly. They often have smaller engines and some diesels. And call are ugly but the Mercedes/Freightliner brands.

3. Member
    GM still makes the 2500 and 3500 cans that look the best when converted. With the 6 liter I'm sure the fuel mileage is not great at all.

4. Joe4d
    Right now I have a living qtrs goose neck horse trailer,, which if I could go back in time I would not have bought. As I am getting back into fishing I think an RV would be more versatile.
    I could get by with a 1/2 ton truck and not need the small car and 3/4 ton. Wife has a Bumper pull horse trailer.. So could use 1/2 ton truck to pull boat and or ride local, and use RV to pull either boat or horses.
    Problem is most of the RV's have pretty low towing capacities,, Company in MD makes em out of dodge and they are a bit better,, But then I looked at pricing,, Anything I like was north of 100k. I can get a dang lot of Hotel rooms for 100k. So just keepin what I got.

5. Member
    Had a E-150 with a Starcraft conversion. Many great trips with the family. Towed a 28' travel trailer out west and up to northern Michigan. Thought I would use it when I went to competitive pistol shoots and sleep in the back.. Gas milage/costs was less expensive to drive the wife's Honda and get a motel. Very comfortable to drive, used it as my daily driver.
    dvl2700

6. Member
    Thanks for the input dvl2700.

I bought a 2500 chevy express,and just insulated it and set it up to pull my boat,and a place to crash overnight on weekends only,when i fish a few miles from home,,,I'm not a full time family camper,,just wanted something more convienient for charging batteries on the boat,,and not having to find motels,that dont have safe parking and the like,,but if I were to buy a full blown camper conversion I would go for a GMC/Chevy 3500
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette joe View Post
    Thanks for the input dvl2700.