Pros staying on same spot?

So was looking through some images of Bobby Lane on Championship day. He spent the day fishing an old railroad bridge. Is it fairly typical that a pro will pick a spot and fish it out until it no longer produces? Could a structure like this hold enough fish to pull a limit? I suppose I need to learn patiance.

Another question...in an area like this would his electronics provide him any value? They are fishing them as if the fish are there so what good does the finder provide?

https://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow...day-bobby-lane

2. Member
    Something I’ve noticed for a while now even at local level day in day out ones that either win or finish well stay put on one or two spots or keep coming back after a rest. I guess if always been a run and gun moving and casting trying to slow down a bit lately and pick things apart a bit.

3. Member
    That old railroad bridge Lane was fishing is large enough to hold hundreds of bass.

4. Member
    Watch the electronics for bait fish present. When you see them you fish this area more. Fish will be close to the food supply. Not all areas of the R.R. will have the food. Don't blame him for not moving. Id stay there all day also.

5. Member
    I think it depends. I fished a tournament this weekend and all of our fish we weighed in came from one 30 yard stretch. It was a shallow backwater that had a ditch running through it. Water has been dropping (Mississippi River) and the fish are moving out. We fished a lot of other water back in that slough but the only productive area was around the ditch. We would fish it for 20 minutes and then let it rest and come back to it.

6. Member
    Productive spots are productive for a reason. They have the right combination of cover, current, and bait. Pull a fish off of it, and another will move in.
    The trick is to not beat on it too long. If it's a small piece of structure, hit it quick and leave for a bit. If it's big, like the railroad bridge, you can work down it go back to the start and repeat.

I think the saying "don't leave fish to go find fish" applies here. If you found them and you know it's just a matter of time before you figure them out...I wouldn't leave either.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    I think the saying "don't leave fish to go find fish" applies here. If you found them and you know it's just a matter of time before you figure them out...I wouldn't leave either.

9. Member
    May have been defense as well as offense.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"