These polymer sealers?

Anyone ever tried them? Does it go on the bottom as well? I know it's a no-no to wax the bottom, just wondering about this stuff.

Johnny Johnson

2. Member
    Johnny,

This may not be what you are referring to but I use the Starbrite Premium Boat Polish with PTEF instead of wax. I've used it for a couple of years on a few different boats and really like it.

I don't polish the pad but I do polish the bottom portion that I can reach with it on the trailer.

I feel like it has worked better than regular wax as far as beading water for a longer period of time and making the scum line easier to wipe off.

I also use the Lucas Slick Mist to wipe my boat down when I pull it out of the water every 2nd or 3rd time, it's a good "in between" in my opinion.

But, again, you may be talking about something totally different.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

3. Member
    I plan to do a couple test spots and was thinking I'd apply it where I can reach while sitting on the trailer to aid in cleaning.

Johnny Johnson

4. Member
    Johnny I bought a bottle of polymer sealer last week also. I'm going to use it on my truck first, then if it acts right, I'll put it on my boat. I also was wondering a certain brand of ceramic coating was used on anybody's boats. I believe as long as it is not put on the pad area anything that creates a barrier against slime and water should be a good thing. I'll put some results up on my tests after I finish the truck this weekend.

ProTec Sealant Polish works better than any wax I’ve used, seems to last longer and easier to apply/remove. I buy it by the gallon jugs. Every customers boat that leaves my shop gets 2 coats !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

ProTec sealer polish is about as good as it gets. Put the two coats on the first time, as directed. I then use either Griot's Garage green spray wash or Lucas Slick Mist when I get the boat out of the water to get any water spots and the scum line off.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80