What size jack plate

I was told to use a jack plate on my 2003 Stratos 185 so I could put power poles on and not have to use the extenders.What size should I get 8 or 10 inch?

2. Member
    which ever size you get make sure you have long enough hose/wires/cables for the jackplate that your getting.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

3. Member
    8 is the longest stratos would warranty not that it makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    8 is the longest stratos would warranty not that it makes any difference.
    Les is correct...back when they were in business 8" is the longest they put on all their hulls. On a 18.5' boat you will be fine with 6". In fact I would go 6" because you are adding weight and drag to the transom with shallow water anchors. It will be harder to lift the bow with 8" of setback verses 6" of setback.

I have two Talons and Minn Kota list what jack plates are compatible without modification when using Talons. Minn Kota suggest TH Marine ZLock or Slidemaster if going manual. If going hydraulic they suggest Atlas. They will fit other models but may require light modification. I have no knowledge of Power Pole mounts or if they have a particular brand/type jackplate that works best but just wanted to throw the info out there just in case Power pole does have a preference.

5. Member
    thanks for the info , it will help