These Darn Rough Riding Allison's

Them Allison's handle a light chop so bad they will jar the fillings out of your teeth. Blah, Blah, Blah! I heard the same old story again this week from a guy who was telling one of his buddy's about my boat and got an Allison bashing in return. My buddy was simply telling his friend that he had a friend with a new Allison and it looked great, ran fast, handled rough water good...etc. etc. the truth in other words. The other guy, a Phoenix man, commenced to telling my friend that his Phoenix would put my Allison to shame in anything above a light chop. His boat wouldn't tilt when you stood on the side of the deck, and on and on. I usually take all that crap talk as I call it in stride and just chalk it up to another guy being proud of his boat and I'll stay quiet and walk away so to speak. I'm proud of a guy being proud of his boat if he likes said boat but....when you start running my boat down and telling outright lies I'm calling you out on it. I know of the Phoenix owner and I sent him a challenge to bring it to the lake and meet me there with our mutual friend as a witness. I wanted a day with some good sized wave action and not a powder puff day. We'd run a 10 mile run and see whose boat was in one piece after the run, who was first back to the starting point, and then we'd stand on each other's deck's to see how they handle roll. I said I'd give a 1 mile head start and be back a mile ahead at the finish point too. I don't start on the first pull but after a few yanks on my chord I'll start up and start cutting.

2. Member
    What did he say? Lol
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

3. Member
    Yea it's been going around again lately, maybe it never really stops.

My favorite is when a man owns an Allison AND another boat brand, runs and fishes them both and shares his opinion that the Allison is unmatched even though he compliments the other brand as well. Recipe for fireworks!

It's not me by the way, I don't own 2 brands or 2 boats

I can say that I truly appreciate Allisons, I'm on my 5th currently. I've owned other brands and like some of them and would be proud to own some of them again.

I'm also proud for people who are proud of their boat but when people try to make definitive statements about a boat that they have never even been in, it's pretty silly honestly.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

4. Member
    I can say without hesitation that the xb-21 is the best rough water ride I have ever experienced, and I’m a Bullet owner. I have ridden in a lot of different brand boats, and the ride on a 21’ Bullet is hard to beat, but in my opinion the xb-21 is unmatched.

5. Member
    I think any boat is worth being proud of these days, they are expensive and a luxury item. I do draw the line on ignorant bashing of another brand by someone trying to make himself feel better about his purchase. This guy deserves what is about to get if he accepts the challenge.

Johnny Johnson

I don't start on the first pull but after a few yanks on my chord I'll start up and start cutting.

I know the feeling brother !!!!
    Been hearing that same ole shit for soon to be 20 years.
    I've gone from one extreme to the other with my replies.. Normally it depends on how the fishing was that day as to what my comeback is.
    Never had anyone take me up on the challenge to prove how much better there rig was.

7. Member
    My wife's 20 ft pontoon takes rough water pretty good. She'll run 19-20 empty with both Bimini tops up.
    No one out here has ever put a challenge in front of me, not sure what I would do. I am taking the Stroker to the White River Rally this week, we will see if a bigger no. can be put up at lower elevation. Sure would be nice if any of you could make it, nice to put a face with a name.

8. Member
    Dean I been wanting to go to Curt's rally for years and never made it. Just the wrong time of year for me. I know they have a great time and there's always some guys there that seriously know how to make a Stroker run like a scalded ape. Ya'll be safe and have fun.

Johnny Johnson

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    My wife's 20 ft pontoon takes rough water pretty good. She'll run 19-20 empty with both Bimini tops up.
    No one out here has ever put a challenge in front of me, not sure what I would do. I am taking the Stroker to the White River Rally this week, we will see if a bigger no. can be put up at lower elevation. Sure would be nice if any of you could make it, nice to put a face with a name.
    Dean I am with you on wanting to meet all the guys we've been talking to via computer keys all these years. Next year I should be back in the semi-retirement or full retirement line and either way, I plan on making many rally's and get togethers. I really did enjoy the Stroker rally last year at West Point. Great group of guys and you could tell everybody was more interested in having fun talking performance boats regardless of brand. I am that way too. I never bash a fellow's boat out in public. We all have our opinions but most of those opinions should stay between a guys ears or in some very close friends company. I am pretty sure there won't be any challenge acceptance and you can be sure I'd have never issued a challenge like that against another Allison, Bullet or Stroker. We all know what our boats are capable of and we know what the other high performance boats are capable of. Sometimes we have to shut a few naysayers up though. For the record though Dean....I'd kick that guys butt and hand it too him if he were dumb enough to accept my challenge! LOL

10. Member
    I agree on bashing, anyone that can afford a boat of any brand is doing good in my mind. That being said I do enjoy running past a few on tournament morning.
    I would like to make more rallies as well but they are just to far to travel. It's a long 2 day trip back to Tenn or anywhere in that part of the country. Maybe some day I will do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Dean I am with you on wanting to meet all the guys we've been talking to via computer keys all these years. Next year I should be back in the semi-retirement or full retirement line and either way, I plan on making many rally's and get togethers. I really did enjoy the Stroker rally last year at West Point. Great group of guys and you could tell everybody was more interested in having fun talking performance boats regardless of brand. I am that way too. I never bash a fellow's boat out in public. We all have our opinions but most of those opinions should stay between a guys ears or in some very close friends company. I am pretty sure there won't be any challenge acceptance and you can be sure I'd have never issued a challenge like that against another Allison, Bullet or Stroker. We all know what our boats are capable of and we know what the other high performance boats are capable of. Sometimes we have to shut a few naysayers up though. For the record though Dean....I'd kick that guys butt and hand it too him if he were dumb enough to accept my challenge! LOL

11. Member
    I have two boats and love both of them. They are not identical in size or layout so you cant compare them. Would love to have the new yellow Allison on the forsale page.
    2003 Bullet 21XDC with 2012 250 Mercury Sport XS
    1997 Allison 2003 with Mercury 225 Pro Max

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Yea it's been going around again lately, maybe it never really stops.

My favorite is when a man owns an Allison AND another boat brand, runs and fishes them both and shares his opinion that the Allison is unmatched even though he compliments the other brand as well. Recipe for fireworks!

It's not me by the way, I don't own 2 brands or 2 boats

I can say that I truly appreciate Allisons, I'm on my 5th currently. I've owned other brands and like some of them and would be proud to own some of them again.

I'm also proud for people who are proud of their boat but when people try to make definitive statements about a boat that they have never even been in, it's pretty silly honestly.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0