lake anna for the first time in the summer!!!

WOW!!!!!

My local lake is also a mess with recreation boaters, but WOW!!! It doesn't even compare to the zoo that is Anna in the summer.

I have never seen that many wake boats in such a narrow area. Still beautiful, and I kept a positive attitude going in. Shelly and I enjoyed it though.

2. Member
    That place is downright dangerous some days.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

3. Member
    Gotta get on the water early. By late morning the mid-lake 208 area is a washing machine.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

We put in at Christopher Run campground. I haven't been there enough to know where is a good place. And it was close to where I usually get fuel, Dickinson's.

5. Member
    You could not pay me to fish it from May to Oct.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

There must have been a tournament going on, I saw a lot of bass boats out and about. I can't imagine there were that many people that didn't know what was gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    You could not pay me to fish it from May to Oct.
    +1
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Fished Saturday from 0600 to 12. Had decent bite till 930ish then bite shutdown. Boat traffic was crazy from 9 on. Between being down towards dam and ramp traffic took 45 minutes to get out of dodge. Dam to 208 bridge was a washing machine. Think I’ll stay off there till mid September.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesjet View Post
    We put in at Christopher Run campground. I haven't been there enough to know where is a good place. And it was close to where I usually get fuel, Dickinson's.
    Turn off 522 onto 208 AT Dickinson's once you cross over the bridge at the lake their is High pint Marina 1st left and Anna Point 2nd left. At Anna Pint is Fish Tales best tackle shop on the lake. A little further down on the right is Sturgeon Creek Marina.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesjet View Post
    There must have been a tournament going on, I saw a lot of bass boats out and about. I can't imagine there were that many people that didn't know what was gonna happen
    Actually two if you were out on Sunday. Both Anna Point and Sturgeon have Sunday morning opens 6 am 11am

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    +1
    It's my closest lake so I go just about every weekend. I've learned to make my longest run early and fish closer to the ramp as the boat traffic builds. Would be great to meet some of you. I fish solo 99% of the time so a seat is usually open for someone to come along.

Only reason we went was I didn't want to fish my home lake and I am kinda bored of the Potomac. And with all the rain falling I thought it would be the best bet for fishable water. It is a 174 mile drive for me from my home in PA. Still worth checking out a new lake. I fish the hotside in march each year with my brother, that is a blast.

Never did catch a single bass. I thought they would be deep and every group of fish I found off the points was white perch.

13. Member
    Anna in the summer is so much fun :)

14. Member
    Was on the Cold side on Thursday. Got a late start. Was suprised how busy it was being a weekday. Everywhere below the splits was a zoo. Went up lake and was a lot less congestion.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.