Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangeric79 View Post
    I'm on my fourth Ranger and I have always gently power loaded the boat to the bow ring. My experience has been if you don't get the boat all the way up to the bow ring , the bow of the boat wants to bounce when trailering. This is what happened to my brand new 522D a few weeks ago on it's very first load. (did not smack anything or ram the boat up on the trailer) I almost laid an egg in the parking lot when I saw it. Ranger says there must have been an air bubble or pocket in the gel coat in this area. Then two days later I took her through some true 1 footers on lake Ontario and developed some nice stress cracks in the drivers consul. Ranger quality??...............Hmmm
    They gonna give you a new boat? Two times out and you are looking at gel coat repair on their flagship boat, I would be sick as Im sure you are. Let us know what they do to rectify.

2. mikesxpress
    As noted above. This link shows my swap to a Stolz roller assembly and provides proper loading pictures with a mod to prevent roller damage.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=911083

3. Member
    I took my roller off and put drotto system on mine. Best thing I have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    They gonna give you a new boat? Two times out and you are looking at gel coat repair on their flagship boat, I would be sick as Im sure you are. Let us know what they do to rectify.
    Here's the killer........This is the the second 522D Ranger built for me......The second boat has more things wrong with it than the first. Painful!

5. Member
    What year and size is your boat ? Does the large flat plastic pad scratch your boat ?

Quote Originally Posted by TxRanger1 View Post
    I took my roller off and put drotto system on mine. Best thing I have ever done.
    2018 Z520C Ranger Cup / Mercury 250 Pro XS Ser# 2B526947

6. mikesxpress
    Here's the killer........This is the the second 522D Ranger built for me......The second boat has more things wrong with it than the first. Painful!
    Post some more detailed pictures of issues you are seeing please. Is your recent 522 a Nitranger model (built after Johnny Wad assumed control) or pre-JW actual Ranger?

I had one of those gelcoat air pockets on my Ranger 2009 Z21 Intracoastal. Smaller than a dime and located at a hull/transom chine intersection. I had that repaired when my local glass shop fixed the hull blisters.

7. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRanger1 View Post
    How long has the Drotto been on and about how many launches/loads have you done with it? Please provide some detailed pictures of the install, on what year/model boat, and pictures of surrounding gelcoat that rides over the device.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Post some more detailed pictures of issues you are seeing please. Is your recent 522 a Nitranger model (built after Johnny Wad assumed control) or pre-JW actual Ranger?

I had one of those gelcoat air pockets on my Ranger 2009 Z21 Intracoastal. Smaller than a dime and located at a hull/transom chine intersection. I had that repaired when my local glass shop fixed the hull blisters.
    The original boat was a 2016 The second one was built in March of 2018......Its been a real bad deal since last Oct. when I took delivery of the original boat. I'll likely start a new thread detailing the whole nightmare in the near future.

9. Banned
    The original boat was a 2016 The second one was built in March of 2018......Its been a real bad deal since last Oct. when I took delivery of the original boat. I'll likely start a new thread detailing the whole nightmare in the near future.
    Unfortunately Ranger quality is declining fast, much quicker than I thought it would. I will be going back to Basscat or possibly Vexus depending on what they roll out.

10. Member
    same here..i get it to touch the roller. I have a Z118C and i have to get it as far on the trailer as possible so i can fit it in my garage straight in. However, i have always wondered if by putting it all the way forward, if that has an impact on the tongue weight. Anyone know?
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by badMackrel View Post
    same here..i get it to touch the roller. I have a Z118C and i have to get it as far on the trailer as possible so i can fit it in my garage straight in. However, i have always wondered if by putting it all the way forward, if that has an impact on the tongue weight. Anyone know?
    I would say it does. The most important thing of getting it all the way up IMO is so the transom is fully supported on the bunks.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    I can get it to touch the roller when I load but everytime, regardless of how hard I crank it down, it backs off an inch or so when come I up the ramp. Makes no difference to me - I tow all over like that no issues - but it is a bit of a mystery.
    mine did the same thing and i slide the mount back about 3/4 -1 inch and that helped a bunch,then i wound my strap back asswards so the strap comes off the bottom all is good now,i am programmed to turn right to tighten down,its counter to tighten now lol

13. Member
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

14. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by nc370v View Post

Check out Drewtick's post a few down on that thread...I believe he sells Stoltz.
    I changed to this on a new boat. I always pull it right up against. Otherwise she'll bounce which isn't good.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

15. Moderator
    ....touch it!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    As noted above. This link shows my swap to a Stolz roller assembly and provides proper loading pictures with a mod to prevent roller damage.

I read this post in the quote and now have the same setup. I like it a lot and appreciate your sharing! Easy to order, easy to install!

17. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

No major issues with my "Johnny Morris" Z520L....

Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    Unfortunately Ranger quality is declining fast, much quicker than I thought it would. I will be going back to Basscat or possibly Vexus depending on what they roll out.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

18. Member
    I hate to say this but I prettty much just ram er up there drive off the ramp and clamp her down when I get to the lot. Is that Hillbilly of me?

19. Member
    Any closer and I'd be in the bed of my truck!!!

John

20. Member
    My roller has always been my stop when loading.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast