Lund ProV 2025...how do I get faster?

Hey all, I imagine this is the best place to post this here. If not, feel free to place where ever.

I have an 02 Lund ProV 2025 Magnum IFS with the full windshield. Heavy boat. It has a 200 Yamaha HPDI. This is a 2 stroke motor. I'm turning a 19" Tempest Plus prop, mainly because that's what everyone said I should be using. My main goal is to get faster.
    I used to run a Vengeance prop, kinda wishing I hadn't sold it right about now. If I remember right, it had better hole shot, and the speed was about the same, maybe even faster.

I looked this past week and was only getting 5k RPMs. Only about 41mph. I've had a host of people tell me with the same motor they're getting upper 40s. I'm trying but failing miserably. What can you tell me and suggest? Thanks

Brian
    2002 Lund ProV 2025 Magnum /Yamaha 200 HPDI

2. Member
    Hydro Tec
    Yamaha-rebuild.com or repower more hp

3. Member
    Repower with a new Merc V-8

You might be better off posting this in the props forum.

But, you seem to be low in RPMs. What is the correct rpm range for yr engine? That’s where you want to be. That would require a drop in pitch but other factors come into play as well. What hole are the engine bolts in? Too much lower unit in the water creates too much drag. A lot of things to consider.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

5. Member
    Make sure tac is accurate
    jack plates all ways helped my boats for all around proformance
    prop must be clean not beat up
    It takes time and more info
    remove all unnecessary gear and balance gear properly

6. Member
    tempest is a bow lifting prop not really what most deep Vs need. I would look for a prop with more all around lift.
    Prop to pad has a lot of affect on top end but jack plates on deepVs dont give you the same returns as a bass boat. YMMV
    Last edited by Hookin'&Cookin'; 08-20-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Have a crappie day

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it