2017 FX21 LE Pros & Cons

I'm beginning to look into getting a new boat....Phoenix,Ranger,Bass Cats,Falcon, Bullet, Triton,Nitro & Stratos etc I've seen but no Skeeters in my area....I'm looking for Pros & Cons of this model. Any info will be appreciated

2. Member
    I'm not sure you will find many cons. They are a great boat. I have a ZX250 and am very happy with no complaints.

3. Member
    my 1st question would be budget.
    my next would be resale and what you can expect once you get tired of said boat.
    my 3rd would be layout, motor options, color options etc..
    my 4th is drivability in the types of conditions you could expect.
    there is much to consider and most that you name will have features you wish were on another model but that doesn't typically happen so choosing the most of all the important features and you should have a decent match

4. Member
    I run a Skeeter and have been nothing but pleased with it but Phoenix, bass cat and ranger would be the only others on my list. Legend was on it (I came from Legend to my Skeeter) but being that they are no longer in business, that's not an option.
    My Skeeter fishes better than my Legend, by far, it runs rough water well and I am dry when I get there and has more storage.

5. Member
    I came out of a BassCat and into a fx21. I had my options narrrowed to skeeter, basscat, ranger and Phoenix. They were all good options but I felt the skeeter was the best all around boat. I wanted a big stable boat and didn’t care about speed. The skeeter was dry and has great hole shot and thought it fished better than the Phoenix and Cats I looked at. The ranger fishes good but is a wet ride compared to the skeeter.

I have a 17 FX21 LE.. Great ride, storage is good ( large center storage. Very clean organization). All options were included except: No Ultrex, No Point 1 for the Lowrance graphs, Sh.tty Marathon tires. The live well is a large tank with divider vs. 2 separate livewells - which leads to only 1 Pump out and it's on the port side. Other than those things I mentioned ( which I've upgraged to Ultrex, Pt 1, HDI transducer at the TM and GY Endurance tires. I don't think there's better seats than the New Skeeter seats..which make the ride Excellent. The front deck is FULLY padded and can easily big enough to handle 2 guys. Also the Cooler lid is insulated, so it keeps drinks cold for 6+ hours. Also, it's got a 52 gallon single tank with gas cap on port side ( same as my F150 ). Digital gage to tell engine hours, Engine Temp, digital gas gage ( plus a 4 way gage ) with Trim/Gas/Water pressure/Electical. And they work on my boat great. Also the gas tank is under the seats vs. in the rear of the boat which adds to the stability and smooth ride.

I love my rig:

Last edited by jfdawson; 08-05-2018 at 08:12 PM.

7. Member
    I can't give you a true reason mainly because I have only had Skeeters.

Why a Skeeter?S

1. Price / Dealers interest in helping me understand boat and willingness to reach my price.
    2. Simple I like the name Skeeters better.
    3. One of the longest in business, makes me believe they will stick around.
    4. I like the looks of their FX so that had a big influence.
    5. From forums and other sources most owners loved the ride and stability of the FX.
    6. Don't even buy a boat as an investment or because you think you might get a higher resale value. Buy it because it is what YOU want.
    7.Distance to dealer was not a factor, though I do have YAMAHA dealers close. Though no Skeeters dealers so this was not in my thought process at all.
    8. They had the color and set up that I wanted.

Would I have considered another brand? Yes I would have had a Ranger if the dealer took me as a serious buyer. I guess he thought I didn't have any money driving up in my old beater farm truck.