Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Yes it is, but it's a salient point since every time there's a shooting in this country the cry is for more gun laws as a fix for the problem...
    You’re right, more laws not gonna do chit. Slonezp is right on, the people that have to live in that chit need to raise up and fix it.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    The protest that occurred this past Thursday on Lake Shore Dr. had about 150 participants, the majority were white people suffering from white guilt. The protest led by Father Pfleger that shut down the Dan Ryan expressway on the 4th of July were mostly black participants and it was less about the violence and more about lack of good paying jobs in the black community. The problems that plague the black community are not specific to Chicago. They will not be solved by white folks. They will not be solved by police, judges, or politicians. The black community needs strong positive role models and education. No different than any other community.

I was at a picnic yesterday and I was talking to a white public school teacher who has an adopted black child. We discussed the issues with the Chicago public schools. She had mentioned the upward statistics about kids graduating from CPS are skewed. That they don't include the large numbers of kids who never make it in to high school. The kids who are homeless, or parents are on drugs, or parents who are not around, are not attending high school. The second issue is it's very difficult for a teacher to teach discipline to a 15 year old who has never been disciplined. She had said the schools in the bad neighborhoods need better, stronger, teachers rather than getting rookie teachers, while all the tenured teachers have transferred to better schools or suburban school districts.

My opinion is the black community need to start policing their own and stop playing the victim and enabling the garbage that runs the streets.
    Your opinion is correct in my eyes. That's the only answer to the problem. The problem is, those neighborhoods dont seem to want/or admit theres a real problem with their core. No families, no rules, no discipline, and total anarchy is how a lot seem to want it. The ones who want it fixed want someone else to do it when it will take them and outside help for years to help the issue because it runs so deep into the mindset of the society.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    But Indiana does not. The flow of guns into gangland there is like a spigot. Talk about needing a wall...
    Hey jacksagon , were just fine in Indiana. Run your own damn train !

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    They still have a problem even if Chicago removed all their gun laws. This is way beyond any gun control issues
    You're exactly right...they have a criminal problem. And criminals don't care what the rules are...hence making gun control a mute point
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Drug dealers shooting each other does not bother me. I wish more would participate.

P01135809

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    that is in fact illegal to do is it not ???
    You can't be a California resident and go buy a gun in another state. Unless you're buying from some dude in a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Drug dealers shooting each other does not bother me. I wish more would participate.
    Seems like a bunch shot might not have been drug dealers ..a few caught in cross fire

Those people I do feel bad for

8. Banned
    Earlier this week in a hispanic neighborhood called Little Village a guy was shot in the head while he was sleeping. The bullet was fired from a drive by. 2 gang bangers who were on the corner were also shot. The gentleman who was sleeping had the bullet graze his head. He ran to his neighbors apartment and she called 911. They interviewed her on the news. She was quite perturbed that the ambulances picked up the gang bangers first, because their injuries were more serious then the guy sleeping. Her exact words were "If you're gang banging on the corner at 2 in the morning and get shot...I'm not saying you deserve to get shot, but you deserve to get shot"

9. Banned
    Damn those Dr's at Cook Co just be masters at removing bullets.[/QUOTE]

And Hard working law abiding citizens are footing the bill for these losers. Can't even aim right .

10. Banned
    People get cranky when you take away their opiods

11. Member
    But Indiana does not. The flow of guns into gangland there is like a spigot. Talk about needing a wall...
    A nonresident can NOT legally purchase a handgun in Indiana. You have no idea what you're talking about.

12. Member
    This post couldn’t be more ill informed.
    You know damn well those are not legally obtained guns but go ahead and spew your lies.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeDust View Post
    Wait. Doesn't Chicago have some of the toughest gun laws in the country? It is almost as if criminals willing to shoot people are willing to disobey other laws too.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...003-story.html

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    This post couldn’t be more ill informed.
    You know damn well those are not legally obtained guns but go ahead and spew your lies.
    Would you expect anything less from Jerkzia?

15. Banned
    How can she be a reporter when she writes an opinion piece. She makes it very clear thru the piece what she thinks, instead of reporting just the facts.

16. Member
    And they are worried about the rat infestation..... wtf

That city is Obamas home town , wonder why he don't care enough to get involved with a plan to stop this .

18. Banned
    Trouble is, they are not very good shots. Too many non participants get hit.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    That city is Obamas home town , wonder why he don't care enough to get involved with a plan to stop this .
    He doesn't recognize the importance of a traditional family, so he would have nothing to offer.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Would you expect anything less from Jerkzia?
    Nope. It would be nice if people didn’t lie like that post. Gun control doesn’t work, why is it the places with the strictest gun laws have the highest crime and the places with the least amount have less? It’s not rocket science but they want you to believe it’s the answer. I will not sacrifice my rights!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast