Thread: Bassboat wiring

Bassboat wiring

Long story short...
    Nav lights, pumps, and lights to the switch cluster aren't on at all. I checked fuses, tried to run wire to check voltage/ continuity, etc and I can't find the problem or have the time to chase wires.

Anyone know of a trusted electrical person that would be able to fix this type of issue?
    '01 Gambler DE Intimidator
    250 Merc Pro XB

2. Member

USA

Electrical problems are a pain. Did you check for bad ground or a short. Any automotive electrical repair shop could help.

3. Member
    connection's under dash for a bunch of ground and positive wires, ( can't think of what it's called this is not the fuse block) , In line fuses around battery connections, fuse block on side of motor, also a ground & positive junction area under bow switches. possible wire come loose on one of these

4. Member
    Well I finally took a second look. ..there was a wire that was connected to two the two front lights with a diode on it. The diode was bad creating a break right at the switch for the front lights. I'm not entirely sure I really need a diode again or if I can just add a wire to create the circuit but I did test it without a diode and the lights lit up. The joys of becoming a shade tree electrician when you own a boat
    '01 Gambler DE Intimidator
    250 Merc Pro XB

5. Member

USA

That I a new one on me, never heard of that. My boat is a 2004 so I hope I don't have any stuff like that. Thanks for letting us know. glad you found it. I would ask a dealer. They must have a reason for it.