Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    76 with worst ball striking day is pretty damn good. Congrats on saving your round on the short game.
    +1
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member
    Shot an 80 today at FT Campbell Cole Park golf course. Was 6 over going into #18. Hit my T shot into a lateral hazard. Took a double bogey on the last hole. Still it was a good day for me. Short game was spot on. Hit 3 wedge shots from 40 to 60 yards out close enough for a gimme. Took a few bucks from my golfing buddies. They will probably take it back tomorrow.

3. Member
    Sounds like you had fun....makes my working at the golf coarse for free golf amazing...even though at pushing 70 I seem to sweat a bit much at times
    :)

4. Member
    Went to Branson for some r&r. Wife and I Played 27 holes for our 42nd anniversary.
    Ozark National shot 83 and then we played top of the rock in the evening with a great meal,guitar, bagpipes, and canon fire.

ozark National is still a work in progress-but it is a very nice golf course. $200 green fee-so it won’t be an every day venue.
    Johnny Morris is pouring money everywhere including down an actual sinkhole! And tearing up Murderer’s Rock to make Payne’s Valley with Tiger. Big Cedar is a nice place to stay for a few days.

on the way up we stayed at Shangri La and played 18 there on Sunday Morning. Shot 80 with bogies on last two holes. 9 one putts which is my best of late. $100 green fee now looks like a bargain.

5. Member
    Played yesterday again at dancing rabbit. Played horrible. Shot a 50 on the front. Didn't keep score on the back. Had fun with friends but the golf was bad. Don't think I made a single put. Have decided I don't like the new epic flash driver. Going back to my old driver.

6. Member
    Extreme Humidty made for a uncomfortable two day Sr. Championship tournament at the club.
    Train wreck 92 for first day.
    a little better today even par after a birdie at 6. 13 over from there to shoot an 85.
    Drank 2 large waters and 2 gatorades. Still a little wobbly when that sun was blasting down.
    I can’t wait for fall to get here!

Extreme Humidty made for a uncomfortable two day Sr. Championship tournament at the club.
    a little better today even par after a birdie at 6. 13 over from there to shoot an 85.
    Drank 2 large waters and 2 gatorades. Still a little wobbly when that sun was blasting down.
    I cant wait for Summer to be over either. Its been brutal. Gotta get early tee times here in the summer. Glad you didn't pass out. I always carry my hydroflask with water and fill it up around the course.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

8. Member
    Me too.....I also work at golf coarse to get the free golf and it amazes me how much you can drink and drink and never go to the restroom!!

9. Member
    Hot,muggy,wet after midnight thunderstorm Friday night.
    83 with 2 birdies on the back on Saturday.
    Really good considering the hangover I was playing with.
    Today had high humidity but some high clouds to keep from totally baking.
    played really well with even par on the back and 78 total.
    best round of the year for me.
    and best 2 weekend scores back to back as well.
    Excited to play in the Club championship next weekend.
    i can’t wait for fall.

My goal of breaking 80 is oh so close..shot an 81 Sunday, 43 front, 38 back. which included a penalty stroke and one other bad decision....one bad swing and one stupid decision ruined my chances of sub 80. There were times I thought breaking 80 may never happen, but I now firmly beleive it will. Ball change has also helped. I have never done a ball fitting, which I should, but I have given substantial playing time to all the top balls over the last couple years,and the Srixon Z star just performs better for me.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

11. Fishing is a Passion
    A surprise round on Sunday. Had the driver and putter working on the front side. Had 5 birdies in a row 4-8, Almost chipped in for another on 9. Then there was the back side. Driver left me between the club house and #10. One of my better rounds in a long time. At least the front was fun
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    A surprise round on Sunday. Had the driver and putter working on the front side. Had 5 birdies in a row 4-8, Almost chipped in for another on 9. Then there was the back side. Driver left me between the club house and #10. One of my better rounds in a long time. At least the front was fun
    Wow! 5 birds in a row!
    I had one round with 5 birds-not in a row-for a 71-par quite a few years ago.
    i feel another coming as soon as I shake my full time job here in a bit!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    My goal of breaking 80 is oh so close..shot an 81 Sunday, 43 front, 38 back. which included a penalty stroke and one other bad decision....one bad swing and one stupid decision ruined my chances of sub 80. There were times I thought breaking 80 may never happen, but I now firmly beleive it will. Ball change has also helped. I have never done a ball fitting, which I should, but I have given substantial playing time to all the top balls over the last couple years,and the Srixon Z star just performs better for me.
    Relax and it will happen. Don’t pressure up over that score. Have fun. That works for me. Maybe it can for you.

14. Member
    Walked 9 at 5:00 yesterday at 98 degrees.
    actually not that bad but it was warm enuf but not blistering.
    i do enjoy walking and playing.
    i look forward to fall.
    Birdied the last hole for a 42.

15. Member
    Some days I think I'll leave this game for good. Today was one of those days. But, it still beats staying home dusting furniture. I think!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Some days I think I'll leave this game for good. Today was one of those days. But, it still beats staying home dusting furniture. I think!
    what else would you be doin? If it is better then do it.
    i like the 4 1/2 hours outdoors regardless of score. Good score helps though!

17. Member
    I have several other hobbies I can do outside such as photography and shooting clays on the farm. Now that a few days have passed since I last played that awful round of golf that gave me boo boo face, I am ready to get back out on the course.

18. Member
    Had one of those rounds Saturday in the club championship. 93. Hated it. Couldn’t do anything right. New grips are a bit too large and affecting ball flight. I don’t know what the hell was affecting my putting.
    Today was a little better. Busting the drive, chipping well-even chipped one in for a birdie. 85 but still did not putt well.
    Very disappointing after shooting 78 the week before.

19. Member
    Shot 72 last week, 4 birdies, and four bogeys. I had an opportunity to break par. Really hitting the new Callaway Epic Flash well, hit a couple bad chips and missed a couple easy birdie puts.

20. Member
    shot a good ole smooth 90 saturday. hit driver ok. hit irons well. chipping has killed me since i started back playing. i know i gave away 10+ strokes because of it.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast