Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Played Eagle Crest ... golfsummerlin.com. it's an executive course. 6 par 4s. Wife and I played match play. She beat me by 1 hole. She can't stop smiling. Shes been taking a few lessons. I'm just glad shes enjoying it. She made a few pars but I didn't. Beautiful day for golf today. You can see the Vegas valley in the background.

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. Member
    Played first time since last summer and shot 95. I hit my irons excellent but could not get anything to stick on the green or make putts so I got a lot catching up to do.

3. Member
    Nice view and good to let her beat you once in a while.
    cost me a trip to Hawaii last time it happened to me.
    but at least I got to go with her

I was trying to win... Haaahaa. We have a lot of fun. Beautiful day for golf. Can't complain being in short sleeves at end of November.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

5. Member
    73 degrees here yesterday during our grandson quail/pheasant shoot. Golf shirt for me which was really weird.
    i should have played 18 but this is fun for them they only get once or twice a year.
    family first.

6. Member
    Was in the low 30's yesterday...a few snow flakes flying....had the coarse to myself and was awesome. Shot bogey...so not bad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Was in the low 30's yesterday...a few snow flakes flying....had the coarse to myself and was awesome. Shot bogey...so not bad for me.
    I'm sure the guy in the proshop did a WTF double take when you walked through the door too.
    Low 30's and flurries, nope. Low 40's and sunshine, maybe. Definelty in Feb or March when the golf bug hits again.
    Going to play in FL over Christmas. Actually with the guys I'm playing with it will be drinking beers with golf to keep us occupied.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I'm sure the guy in the proshop did a WTF double take when you walked through the door too.
    Low 30's and flurries, nope. Low 40's and sunshine, maybe. Definelty in Feb or March when the golf bug hits again.
    Going to play in FL over Christmas. Actually with the guys I'm playing with it will be drinking beers with golf to keep us occupied.
    I walked the first nine to get warmed up and work on the diabetes ... I need to slow down as I walk to fast too Saw two guys finishing the first nine and I mentioned the back was all open...I'm done. They said they were out of there after nine....they were freezing!! Am fortunate to be able to still fish and golf on cooler days.

9. Fishing is a Passion
    Middle of NC and 14 inches of snow, No golf here for a while
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Middle of NC and 14 inches of snow, No golf here for a while
    Wow! You took the hit the tv folks told us we would get. Should have played yesterday post “Snowpocolypse” just to say I did.
    Saw Pics on tv and it looked pretty bad in NC.
    Hunker down and look at the ice fishing gear in catalogs.

11. Member
    Played Sunday with my bride and another couple. Absolutely gorgeous day, 60 degrees, no wind, perfect.
    December 16, 2018.

12. Member
    Played 9 holes yesterday, here at the winter diggs in Palmview, Tx. Shot 43, but I've been battling a carpal thing in my right wrist, so haven't played much recently. Best shot was a 135 yard (gps) 8 iron to 15 feet of the pin. 20 putts on 9 holes in NOT ideal.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYE View Post
    Played 9 holes yesterday, here at the winter diggs in Palmview, Tx. Shot 43, but I've been battling a carpal thing in my right wrist, so haven't played much recently. Best shot was a 135 yard (gps) 8 iron to 15 feet of the pin. 20 putts on 9 holes in NOT ideal.
    Have you tried magnet bracelets? Sadona helped me for hand issues.

14. Member
    Haven't tried them, worth a shot, i guess. Can't hurt ?

15. Fishing is a Passion
    Set new records for rain fall in the state of NC. In the last month if it was not snow it was rain. Off this week, of course rain comes in again tomorrow. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

16. Member
    Was going to go yesterday...clubs were loaded....as driving down the road a friend called...."want to go fishing".....duh....where. So ... went fishing and catching.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Was going to go yesterday...clubs were loaded....as driving down the road a friend called...."want to go fishing".....duh....where. So ... went fishing and catching.
    Nice to go fishing- even better to go catching

18. Member
    Played today at 61 degrees, no wind all day, bright sunny beautiful day. 8 pars and 10 “others”
    . Didn’t keep score. Parred the first and last holes. It will be 65 degrees, south wind tomorrow.

So cancelled golf with wife and other couple for tomorrow. Went to Dick’s (close to house) and bought new rigs I have been thinking about and will go fishing tomorrow at one of my favorite trophy lakes. By myself. This year is going to be a good one.

19. Member
    Tight Lines

Played today for the first time this year. Casual non-scoring round. 45 degrees and 25-30 mph gust. The cold didn't get to me but the constant noise from the wind I don't like. Light wind and breezes are good but gusting and high sustained winds.. nope. No matter what the temp is.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast