Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

How was your Golf today?

Mine started out okay, 43 on the front with drives down the middle but short game was not as usual. I blame the new bass boat for missing four weekend and travel for two more. Not usual for me.
    So start back nine which is somewhat easier and I am committed to do better. bogey four in a row. Cart lady drops by and a Bloody Mary seems in order to try and right the ship. Wrong. Double, double, triple. 50 on the back.

New bass boat has turned me into a half ass golfer and a half ass fisherman. I can’t wait to retire and commit to both full time! But I still love to play golf and go fishing-good days or bad.

Meh. Played ok. Nothing to brag about. I made some great shots but played ok. I hit my 3w good and hit 4h really good. But I'm still hitting my irons to the left. Any tips? I was told to hold my club parallel over my feet and where it points is the direction that the ball will go. But hitting left still. I'm right handed.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

3. Member
    First check your club head take way path. Should be straight back. Inside path is preferred for causing a draw.

Grip. Make sure your left hand is centered on the grip. The more to left you move your wrist the more you will move the ball left.

stance should be even as you say you check. Have someone else check your checking. Try slightly putting your left foot an inch or so back. This opens the left shoulder and should move the ball straight or right.

rolling your hands too early can give the ball a left spin.

finally, a lesson from a good teaching pro is a good thing to try a time or two. You might find one that really helps.

good luck.

4. Member
    And offset irons will usually cause a ball to go left. My old ping eye 2 did this. Couln’t Hold the greens I hit till someone stole them and I bought mizuno with no offset.

5. Member
    Took my grandson for his first ever time playing nine holes (he's ten) He shot a 65 or close to that....handled himself well .... was a good time. I shot a 45 so didn't feel bad .... especially with all the distractions.

Thanks for the detailed analysis and tips. I appreciate it very much. I love playing and I am going to look into getting lessons.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

7. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Meh. Played ok. Nothing to brag about. I made some great shots but played ok. I hit my 3w good and hit 4h really good. But I'm still hitting my irons to the left. Any tips? I was told to hold my club parallel over my feet and where it points is the direction that the ball will go. But hitting left still. I'm right handed.
    Is the ball going straight left or hooking left?

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Shot 77....just couldn't make a putt.

9. Member
    Birdied 6,7, 8 and 10!!!! Still struggled on the back to shoot 84 but much better than yesterday by 11 strokes.
    bought a new Callaway Rouge Driver a week ago. Wife got one too. Both of us love them and I am hitting longer and in the fIrwYs more consistent than my titliest 917 D.

10. Fishing is a Passion
    Played Friday, Shot 74 on a course 6200, But what was really neat was one of my playing partners, never played with before shot a 61. Best round and one of the best swings I have been able to be a part of. Just really great to see.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

11. Member
    74 is great until you have to watch 61! Wow!

12. Member
    Shot 4 over on 9 holes (3020 yards) 5 pars 4 bogies.. Not bad for me, 2nd time i've played since April. Getting better. Fescue grass roughs are double tuff.

13. Member
    Fescue is tough. Our rough is Bermuda and deep and thick at the moment. Automatic 1 stroke if you are in it so you have to avoid it. New Driver has helped on that. Old swinger (me) has not! I think kukua rough is the worst. I don’t know how to play that stuff and I am glad I don’T need to learn.

14. Member
    I play Monday league at an easy course. 5775 yards from white tees. Back to back 37s. Back nine a week ago and front this week. 4 birds and a few awful shots/putts.

Last time I played, few days ago, only played 9. Shot a 44, but I two putted everything. Changed balls, and the new ones I like tee to green, but haven't figured out the speed off the putter yet. Probably should've shot about 39 with the chances I had putting.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

16. Member
    Club championship today and tomorrow. We will see which player shows up today.
    i like the competition in Golf.
    Haven’t learned to like it for fishing.

17. Member
    Extremely difficult pin placements today. Championship flight ranged from 2-24 over. I am leading first flight with net 75. Triple bogied the last hole to do it or I would be leading by 3. Hot, humid, baking at 3:00 pm. Had fun with 2 guys trying as hard as they could. Last in group is 18 over net. 2Nd flight is 1-27 over net. This is one damn tough golf course. 138 slope rating but rough deep and greens tricky played much tougher.
    Hope to kick their ass tomorrow.

18. Member
    85 today during rain for most of the holes. Won First flight. Beat most everyone on a net a score. Loved it!

19. Fishing is a Passion
    Congrats
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

20. Member
    Thanks. Many chose to stay at home. Lightning quit but rain didn’t. Course on the border of unplayable as casual water everywhere.
    stuck to it, didn’t whine, just heads down and hit it. Not perfect Golf but tournament Golf. Enjoyed the effort. Enjoyed the guys who embraced it and laughed at those that couldn’t stand it.
    like fishing in the hard rain, one of my most memorable stringers was with Dad in full rain gear tossing plastic worms at table rock catching a whopper stringer of 5-6 lb bass and dragging them across the boat dock to their demise before the days of catch and release. 1963. It was a very good year for a 7 yr. old fisherman.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast