Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I got 9 holes in yesterday before it started to thunder and rain, was having a really good round scoring way better than I normally do, hate it when that happens.

2. Member
    Wife and I took second in our Friday night best ball....Love to see her smile.

3. Member
    QUOTE=Always want to be Fishing;10371710]Wife and I took second in our Friday night best ball....Love to see her smile.[/QUOTE]

It's an executive course near us... play there often. Par 60. 6 par 4s and no par 5s. Shot 88 Friday. My best score ever. This older foursome let us play through. They were standing around the green on a 120ish par 3. I had to tee off. No pressure right? Haaahaa. Beautiful shot just on the left side of the green. 2 putted for a par. I was very proud of myself.

Then played it again yesterday with my wife. Shot 102... not as good but I had really good days of golf. No terrible 13 shot holes. Someone told me last time I played.. I was standing too far from the ball and was stretching when I hit. That's why the ball was slicing...I was stretching and hitting off the toe. Fixed that on Friday and yesterday. What a difference it makes.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

5. Fishing is a Passion
    Club blind draw 2 man team, My partner was past county amateur champion and defending senior county amateur champion. Sure was a treat.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

I've played horrible all year. Shot a 94 today, which was my best this year. I did manage 3 pars in a row on the back, but no birdies, and 5 or 6 total. Got a couple birdies the other day. Hoping to be in the 80's the next round, starting to at least drive and chip ok. Now if I could just hit my 8 and 9 irons.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

7. Member
    47/41 for another 88 today. Teed off early. Beauty day. Got warm but golf game started cold. I had three pars in a row on 3,4 and 5 as well and then the wheels fell off.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    47/41 for another 88 today. Teed off early. Beauty day. Got warm but golf game started cold. I had three pars in a row on 3,4 and 5 as well and then the wheels fell off.
    Sounds like my game....blaming on the heat!!!

9. Member
    Forecast temps to be close to a 100 several days this week, once the morning people finish we will practically have the course to ourselves during mid afternoon because most here won't play when it's this hot, plan on playing at least 4 days this week.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougN68 View Post
    Forecast temps to be close to a 100 several days this week, once the morning people finish we will practically have the course to ourselves during mid afternoon because most here won't play when it's this hot, plan on playing at least 4 days this week.
    Roger that. I used to do that frequently. Now not so much. Tough golf will make you a good golfer. Have fun!

11. Member
    Stepped back 400+ yards to 6845 and saw a whole different golf course. I do this once in a while to stretch my game and hope to get it what it was before. Makes me try and force a draw to get some distance. Best I could do was a pull, occasionally. Stumbled to a 91Handicap index has gone up 4 times in a row.
    This is getting me motivated to turn my scores around.
    Happy Fourth of July and Independence Day.

Had a bad front 9 today, shot a 52. Played the back, and shot a 40 for a 92. Missed my 5th par in a row by about 1" to finish up with a bogey.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Playing tomorrow on a new course. My buddy has played it multiple times. Hoping itll be fun.
    Desert pines in Vegas.
    " A Few Good Fish"

14. Member
    Recently changed drivers to a new Callaway Epic Flash, didnt helpmy putting much, but this new driver can send it. Shot 69 and could have been lower missed a couple short putts.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Recently changed drivers to a new Callaway Epic Flash, didnt helpmy putting much, but this new driver can send it. Shot 69 and could have been lower missed a couple short putts.
    what were you hitting before?
    I am hitting the Rogue now and really like it. Of course I get the new whatever bug.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Playing tomorrow on a new course. My buddy has played it multiple times. Hoping itll be fun.
    Desert pines in Vegas.
    I played it several years ago. Tight in places and near the freeways at times. Any golf in Vegas is good golf.

17. Member
    86 today at the dancing rabbit in Philadelphia MS. 3rd time playing in last 15 years.

18. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by MD 20i View Post
    86 today at the dancing rabbit in Philadelphia MS. 3rd time playing in last 15 years.
    I will guess you had a scratch handicap at one time
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    I played it several years ago. Tight in places and near the freeways at times. Any golf in Vegas is good golf.
    It definitely is narrow. But a fun course. Hit a billboard. Haaahaa. 160 to the green. 7 iron on a bit of an incline. It would have been a great shot. Billboard 3 stories high got in my way. Are billboards a hazard? We were both laughing so hard I couldn't hardly finish the hole.

" A Few Good Fish"

20. Member
    Can’t remember the ruling on that one I thought I remembered a highway or 3.
    My buddy is a bargain hunter and got us a great deal on green fees he said.
    Turns out it was at the end of the airport runway. Large jets were barely clearing the trees and you couldn’t talk to anyone. Helicopters taking off every two minutes for canyon tours made it sound like Vietnam.
    Two highways on each side provided the roars of the exhausts.
    it was the most nerve wracking round of golf I have ever played.
    beautiful course. But I will never go back to that place.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast