Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    For about a year I struggled with my short game. Finally took 3 lessons a few months ago. For the last 2 months I have been practicing my new short game swing. It's starting to pay off. Shot 39/42 today.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    My game right now is psychotic...This past Sunday, 50 on the front nine, 38 on the back. Round before that, 41 front, 40 back...round before that, 49 front, 39 back. My iron play is the best it has ever been, wedges solid, putter is lethal....but, the driver is like my ex-wife, it looks sexy but highly unpredictable. On drive is perfect, 265 yards..next drive way right, next drive way left. If my miss was consistant, I could probably fix it. But when it is both directions, it makes me scratch my head.
    I can definitely relate to this! Sunday shot a 45 on the first nine and a 38 on the back. Same the week before, 39 on the first nine and 46 on the back. One day hopefully will put two nines together!
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

3. Member
    Shot a 76 yesterday, could not make a putt, only had 2 birdies. The week before shot 68 made a bunch of putts. Wonder where it goes from on eweek to the next.

4. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Shot a 76 yesterday, could not make a putt, only had 2 birdies. The week before shot 68 made a bunch of putts. Wonder where it goes from on eweek to the next.
    Good rounds
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

5. Member
    Played in our United Way Scramble Fund Raiser. My group won at 18 under. Our ringer was a former college golfer, weighed about 145, bombed it 340 +/- down the middle. I contributed approaches and puts. Fun to watch him and fun to beat all my favorite friends at work!

6. Member
    Day 2 of our annual member guest golfathon. 7 9 hole matches over 3 days. 3rd place in our flight. I have had two closest to the pins on the same hole each day with a 5 iron and 6 iron. Played great at times and hacked it others. Need to play great tomorrow to try and win our flight. Fun format with just a bit of alcohol 🍺 involved to avoid getting too serious!

7. Member
    Last day of golfathon! Came back from 3 down to tie at 4 1/2 points in the first match today with the eventual flight winners. Spanked the next group 8 to 1 after I shot 39. I gave pops to all in each match so a real good test for me today. Was down by three so popped a beer and cranked up the tunes to start the comeback! Lynard Skynard helps the golf score apparently. Had fun with everyone we played with. Good time and good fun. Took 2nd in our flight to boot. Learned to play again with almost too much alcohol

8. Member
    Played 18 this morning. Shot 93. 9 or 10 shots better than my last round. Starting to get my swing and game back. I've been hitting the range at least once a week. My short game was killing me today. Missed 7 or 8 G.I.R. short or long after good tee shots. Hard to score when you can't find the green, but I did chip in for birdie from about 25 yards.

9. Member
    Nice chip in. I played by myself (not with myself) and cranked up tunes and shot 44/46. Felt like it should have been 10 strokes better but it wasn’t. Enjoyed my afternoon between thunderstorms.

Well, it happened again. A whopping 50 on the front nine, 38 on the back. Only conclusion I can come to it it takes my 50+ year old body a little while to warm up. I always stretch and put on the practice green before I play. However, my next round I am getting there at least an hour early, get a bucket of balls and spend some time getting loose....we will see if it works.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

11. Member
    I would say a half bucket and 15 chips. Just enough to trigger muscle memory to take the feel to the first box.
    I would suggest moderation instarting something you haven’t done. Too much and you might conk out on the back nine.
    good luck. That is one thing about golf, it always makes you work at something or accept a crappy score. I am still fighting it.
    Now I need to catch some fish too!

Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    Well, it happened again. A whopping 50 on the front nine, 38 on the back. Only conclusion I can come to it it takes my 50+ year old body a little while to warm up. I always stretch and put on the practice green before I play. However, my next round I am getting there at least an hour early, get a bucket of balls and spend some time getting loose....we will see if it works.
    Dang, that has been pretty much my whole golf season. It's either good front, bad back or vise versa. I'm in my late 40's with bad elbows the last 2 years but I think it's more mental than getting warmed up as usually hit about 30-40 balls in my practice net before I leave for the course.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

13. Member
    I think it helps hitting a few on the range before. I usually hit a small bucket, a few with a 7 ir, 3w, Driver and short iron. I usually don't finish the bucket. Just hit enough I feel good about, and stretch a little.

14. Member
    No matter if you shoot in the 70's, 80's or 100's you can always go back and see where you lost strokes. It is good to keep records on fairways hit, greens hit in regulations, chips, and putts. It will surprise you where you need to spend time practicing.

15. Banned
    We live in the place for golf--and fishing. Two Robert Trent Jones golf courses are down the street from my lake house--playing 8050 yards from the long tees. One course is a conventional tree'd course and the other is a links course--both of incredible quality.

Robert Trent Jones's first golf course, Turtle Point Golf and Yacht Club, is a mile across the lake and visible from my house. Stewart Cink is from here, and he says it's one of the finest country club courses in the country.

And our Tennessee River fishing is not bad either, with Pickwick 6 miles downriver and Wheeler Lake 10 miles upriver.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I think it helps hitting a few on the range before. I usually hit a small bucket, a few with a 7 ir, 3w, Driver and short iron. I usually don't finish the bucket. Just hit enough I feel good about, and stretch a little.
    If I have time I always want to hit a few. I hit 75% wedges. A few drives. Then I play the shots I plan on hitting for the first couple of holes.

17. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    A terrible 75 that included an eagle and 2 birds......

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    I can definitely relate to this! Sunday shot a 45 on the first nine and a 38 on the back. Same the week before, 39 on the first nine and 46 on the back. One day hopefully will put two nines together!
    I sure wish I knew the answer. It's amazing! Same guy, same clubs, same course. Different results. The only 2 things that may change is the weather and the outfit I'm wearing. Maybe I should take note as to what I'm wearing for each round to see if there is a correlation to good rounds vs poor rounds?

19. Member
    83 yesterday, 84 today. Best for me ina while. New hybrid H2 Titliest 21 degrees just as good as the 19.
    so end of the year report, new irons, new driver, two new hybrids, new 56 degree titliest Vokey, and still at 10 handicap index. But I really like the new gear.
    new boat to blame at least partially.
    Fishing tomorrow and then hunting the rest of the year.

20. Member
    Good snow Tuesday. 66 and no wind today got me on the course to shoot a birdie free 84.
    But very happy with the score but even happier to be out warm enough to pull the vest and play in right at sundown over the lake. Geese honking and deer scampering as I left.
    very nice day of golf and outdoors with wildlife.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast