Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Had a goal this year to try and shoot bogey golf. After many years of not playing and some life changers the last three outings have been in the 80's. Am hoping when I reach 70 here pretty quick that I can keep it there. Had a unique circumstance happen the last two outings!!! I've been using the same ball.....have never played so long and not lost one!!
    Now you’ve done it. Goodbye ball

Golf today wasn't so good.

shot a 93, with 5 7's and a 8 on the card. Did get a par on the hardest hole on the course, so felt good about that. Was in a stretch of par's I got on. Only made one birdie, and the blow up holes killed me.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

3. Member
    Wouldn't surprise me if today was the day it decides to jump in the bushes.
    :)

4. Member
    I played Wednesday for the 1st time in a year and a half. It was ugly. I took 8 balls with me and I had to play the 18th with a pine cone.

5. Member
    Well...said ball is now in bushes
    :)

6. Member
    Played my first 18, in 12 years Sunday. Shot a 103. Take away the 9,7,9 on the first 3 holes and the 2 balls I put in the lake on a par 3, I thought I played pretty good. I told my buddy after #3 if I made 1 par I'd be happy. Ended up making 3 pars, and almost holed out a bunker shot to save par on another. Also, need suggestions on driving iron, I've got a big gap between 3w and 5 iron. I hate how iron sets don't come with 3 or 4 irons anymore...

7. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Played my first 18, in 12 years Sunday. Shot a 103. Take away the 9,7,9 on the first 3 holes and the 2 balls I put in the lake on a par 3, I thought I played pretty good. I told my buddy after #3 if I made 1 par I'd be happy. Ended up making 3 pars, and almost holed out a bunker shot to save par on another. Also, need suggestions on driving iron, I've got a big gap between 3w and 5 iron. I hate how iron sets don't come with 3 or 4 irons anymore...
    If you played well 12 years ago it should all come back fairly quick

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    If you played well 12 years ago it should all come back fairly quick
    Well I wasn't great, but I could shoot in the 80's consistently. I'd expect to be back in that range after a few months of playing more. I told my wife I want to take lessons, now.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Hybrids are the new 2 and 3 irons, but they will let the ball sit down on a green instead of running off. Good out of rough if not too tall.
    Have fun.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    Hybrids are the new 2 and 3 irons, but they will let the ball sit down on a green instead of running off. Good out of rough if not too tall.
    Have fun.
    I haven't found a hydrid I liked. I bought a Cobra King Utility iron 3/4. I hit it really well at the shop. I may buy the 2/3 iron, next.

11. Member
    I have two different style titleist and really like them. My wife loves hers as well as she has three of them.

12. Fishing is a Passion
    Took a long time, finally went with the 3 and 4 Nickent utility wood. Just fit my swing, They sold them at Dicks, not sure if they are made any more.

Heading out tomorrow, the Friday gang-some, going to be a little warm, should get 10-11 teams, If anything like last week you will need 7-8 under on either side to get in the money. Hope I get a birdie or two.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

13. Member
    Best thing you can say”I want to take lessons”. Make an effort, practice for fun and accuracy and develop the swing that feels good-maybe with your eyes close to really “feel” it.
    I had a b-ball player who was an excellent shot that all of a sudden could not make a free throw.
    Tried several suggestions and finally in desperation said to her to close her eyes and feel her shot! She was shocked at my suggestion but nothing else had worked. She then made 10 in a row with hers eyes shut and the rest of the team watching and cheering and laughing! Feel is everything.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    Best thing you can say”I want to take lessons”. Make an effort, practice for fun and accuracy and develop the swing that feels good-maybe with your eyes close to really “feel” it.
    I had a b-ball player who was an excellent shot that all of a sudden could not make a free throw.
    Tried several suggestions and finally in desperation said to her to close her eyes and feel her shot! She was shocked at my suggestion but nothing else had worked. She then made 10 in a row with hers eyes shut and the rest of the team watching and cheering and laughing! Feel is everything.
    Feel is everything in casting too! I tried to teach some knuckleheads this weekend. Use your wrist and not your arm. Load the rod and let it do the work. Straight to target cast without looping. Might as well have been speaking Greek to them boys. Maybe it will click someday.

15. Member
    great day yesterday. I had one Nike golf ball in my bag, and as I passed the pond on #3, I threw it right into the middle of it!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    great day yesterday. I had one Nike golf ball in my bag, and as I passed the pond on #3, I threw it right into the middle of it!
    Too bad you didn’t have two Nike’s!

17. Member
    Cool weather, cloudy day. Should have been fishin!
    Golf with wife and another couple for our first time as couples.
    I played terrible, till 18 and drained a 40 footer for birdie!
    Fought my wat to a 91.
    Lot’s of ribbing and laughing.
    Great way to get to know another couple to spend 4 hours together and lunch.
    Making friends is a great thing about Golf.

18. Member
    Played my 2nd round in 12 years Saturday, with my boss. As much as he talks about his game, I was surprised to find out he doesn't play from the tips. The day started out good with a par on 1, bogey 2 and 3, Solid drive on 4, followed by a poor iron shot, and an even worse wedge off the hosel into the woods... went down hill from there. Topping lots of tee shots. It's pretty hard to score well, following a 40 yard drive... I guess it was just one of those days, even when I hit a good drive, just off the fairway we couldn't find the ball, that happened twice. I finished strong though with a par on 17 and 18. I just need more practice.

My game right now is psychotic...This past Sunday, 50 on the front nine, 38 on the back. Round before that, 41 front, 40 back...round before that, 49 front, 39 back. My iron play is the best it has ever been, wedges solid, putter is lethal....but, the driver is like my ex-wife, it looks sexy but highly unpredictable. On drive is perfect, 265 yards..next drive way right, next drive way left. If my miss was consistant, I could probably fix it. But when it is both directions, it makes me scratch my head.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    My game right now is psychotic...This past Sunday, 50 on the front nine, 38 on the back. Round before that, 41 front, 40 back...round before that, 49 front, 39 back. My iron play is the best it has ever been, wedges solid, putter is lethal....but, the driver is like my ex-wife, it looks sexy but highly unpredictable. On drive is perfect, 265 yards..next drive way right, next drive way left. If my miss was consistant, I could probably fix it. But when it is both directions, it makes me scratch my head.
    WOW..this is how my season has been going....minus the ex-wife.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast